Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated Rho Chi Omega Chapter
Dr. Olivia Harris Sanders Academic Scholarship for Minority Students Achieving Academic Excellence
Instructions for Applying for the Dr. Sanders’ Scholarship
To be considered for this scholarship, a student must:
• Be currently enrolled in one of the following schools:
▪ Alabama Agricultural and Mechanical University (AAMU)
▪ Athens State University
▪ Calhoun Community College
▪ J.F. Drake State Community and Technical College
▪ Oakwood University
▪ The University of Alabama in Huntsville (UAH)
• Be a minority undergraduate (male or female) student.
• Have completed one semester (12 hours) at the respective institution.
• Have a cumulative and prior semester grade point average (GPA) of 2.7 or above.
• Have not been a recipient of the scholarship/stipend the previous award year.
Application Package Requirements
• Dr. Olivia Harris Sanders Academic Scholarship Application Form
• Submit an essay of 250 words, and no more than 350 words, on the following topic: “What will my footprint mean to the world?”. Please describe how any academic achievements, community service activities, examples of leadership or other personal characteristics will impact the world, making you deserving of this scholarship. The essay must be typed and double spaced. Include your name in a running header on all pages of the document.
• Submit a recent academic transcript. An unofficial or official transcript will be accepted.
The complete application packet (application, transcript, and essay) must be submitted together as one complete packet. To be considered, the packet must be received electronically by November 2, 2020, 11:59 pm CST. Any questions should be emailed to
Scholarship Essay Rubric
I certify that the information I have given is complete, true and accurate to the best of my knowledge and belief. I further affirm that I have not knowingly withheld any facts or circumstances in completing this application that would make me ineligible to receive this scholarship. I understand that any misrepresentation of information by me can disqualify me from consideration.
If I am awarded, Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated – Rho Chi Omega Chapter has my permission to use my photograph, video or film likeness and name publicly to promote and/or advertise their programs. I understand that the images may be used in print publications, online publications, presentations, websites, and social media. I also understand that no royalty, fee or other compensation shall become payable to me by reason of such use.
Send me a copy of my responses.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service