HELP DESK B
77) The purpose of incident management is to:
A) manage customer relations.
B) log calls.
C) manage the SLA.
D) restore normal service.
71) Service agents must realize that
A) they will always have unpleasant experiences with customers.
B) they are the first contact for an angry customer.
C) they are the experts when dealing with customers.
D) they have no control over an angry customer.
51) To know if a connection to a Web site is secured, look for ______in the browser address box and a lock icon at the bottom of the browser window.
80) The request fulfillment process involves what type of request?
A) standard change service request
B) incident management
C) custom service requests
D) high-risk service requests
56) How can you restrict the cookies that are accepted on your computer?
A) Configure privacy settings in Internet Options.
B) Configure Internet zones in Internet Options.
C) Configure cookie restrictions in the Local Security Policy.
D) Add or remove exceptions in Windows Firewall.
86) First Level issues are often handled with the use of:
B) knowledge based answers
C) all answers are correct
D) FAQ references
66) Confidence will:
A) put you in control of customers’ calls and situations at the help desk.
B) display your technical knowledge.
C) allow you to be creative.
D) prevent complaints.
98) The rights and obligations of parties under a contract for work is a
A) business plan.
B) service level agreement.
D) pro forma.
62) How do you encourage a customer to use the support Web site?
A) send them an e-mail with a URL
B) tell them that the answer is on the Internet
C) walk them through the process on the Web site
D) ask them if they tried the Web site
69) ____ is the skill of successfully handling more than one task at a time.
A) Multiple intelligence
B) Mass production
68) Which is true when coping with deadlines?
A) Do not put off tasks until the last minute.
B) Handle you work on a “first come, first served” basis.
C) Complete the easiest tasks first.
D) Always schedule your most important work first thing in the morning.
96) Negotiating service agreements with customers is the goal of
A) service management systems.
D) service level management.
54) One of your users on a Windows client with an IP address of 10.20.20.3 is having problems connecting to your intranet web server at IP address 10.20.20.2. You have her ping the IP address of the server and it times out. She is able to ping her own IP address, but cannot ping anything else on the network. What is the most likely problem?
A) Configured to use an incorrect WINS server
B) DNS misconfiguration
C) Incorrect broadcast address
D) Incorrect subnet mask
79) The incident management process is responsible for all these except:
A) categorizing incidents for reporting.
B) resolving customer problems.
C) routing unresolved incidents.
D) passing service request to appropriate support groups.
76) If you can't handle a problem, it's best to:
A) transfer the problem to a specialist.
B) document the problem.
C) hang up on the call.
D) tell them you'll call back.
70) The best customer service starts with a(n)
A) assertive personality.
C) positive attitude.
D) superior attitude.
63) Why do help desk centers have security policies?
A) monitor calls
B) incident monitoring
C) detect network faults
D) protect data integrity
73) Many successful multi-tasking leaders count on
A) positive personality over accomplishment
B) flexible schedules
C) to-do lists
D) delegation of important projects
95) Automated presentation of ads that are related to either the results of an online search or the content being displayed on other webpages takes places with
A) selective marketing.
B) direct mail marketing.
C) search engine marketing.
D) mass marketing.
83) Which one of the following best defines the term process management?
A) set of rules that can never be changed
B) accomplishing a task that can be tested, reported, and improved
C) a formal concept
D) a barrier on employee creativity
93) Which one of the following strategies can best help multitasking in a support environment?
A) have multiple computers to help track and research support calls
B) redirect low priority calls to a self-service support system
C) be exceptionally polite patient with customers when asking for information
D) respond to multiple customers simultaneously by replying to one while another is providing requested information
88) What is the purpose of incident monitoring?
A) confirm change in management
B) facilitate task management
C) authorize users to download pirated software
D) identify areas for improvement
65) What is the main goal of the help desk?
A) answer calls within three rings
B) provide consistent quality of service
C) forward calls to management
D) give each customer a quick answer
59) Training designed to orient new support workers to their jobs and ongoing training to update skills is
A) corporate development.
B) staff training.
C) product seminar.
D) annual update.
61) What is your main goal in working the help desk?
A) browse the Internet
B) socialize with clients or customers
C) listen to customers problems
D) help customers with technical issues they face
99) ______ is a methodology for capturing, authoring, refining, and publishing information that is relevant to the support processes for an organization.
A) Industry norms
B) Knowledge community
C) Knowledge centered support
D) Societal expectation
74) Electronic and other sensitive data make it necessary to have
A) solid security policies.
B) mailing lists.
C) accessible websites.
82) What type of data must be protected?
A) general phone numbers
B) department addresses
C) personal information
D) marketing materials
57) An incident is almost always the result of:
A) user error.
B) failures in the IT infrastructure.
C) security breach.
D) programming error.
64) What provides better information to customers and lowers the cost of support?
A) staff management
B) knowledge management
C) incident management
D) problem management
55) You would like to ensure that business you are providing support for has Internet access from anywhere in their office building. Everyone in the office is using portable laptop computers. Which type of connectivity should you implement?
C) Cable Modem
92) Which one of the following is a process improvement framework for an IT Service Management System?
C) Seven Sigma
85) The higher level issues are often handled with the use of:
A) expert personnel related to the specific issue
B) group strategy consultation
C) diagnostic hardware
D) all answers are correct
84) Which one of the following is not managed by Release Management?
C) defect monitoring
58) Long-term success based upon customer satisfaction is
A) Total Satisfaction Management.
B) Customer Feedback Model.
C) Total Quality Management.
D) Emotion Diffusion Model.
78) What is the purpose of product Quality Assurance?
A) functioning as intended
C) issue accountability
D) deployment scheduling
97) The IT service catalog contains a
A) directory of all employees.
B) list of available technology resources and offerings within an organization.
C) code of ethics.
D) mission statement for the company.
72) Moral principles that guide your actions are
A) rules of engagement.
B) mission statements.
D) corporate rule.
94) Computer based training (CBT) designed to prepare participants for certification exams is the
A) performance indicator.
B) online tutorial course.
C) self-study course.
D) staff development conference.
67) Multi-tasking is commonly mistaken for another process, where a customer service representative does something like listen to music while researching a problem. This is known as:
A) complete undertasking.
B) estimated overtasking.
C) final tasking.
D) background tasking.
89) The best reason for documenting resolutions is that it:
A) allows you to be proactive in similar situations.
B) defines services provided.
C) prevents customers from becoming upset.
D) gives you more free time.
What is your name?
53) How does streaming media handle slow connections or periods of latency?
A) Stops and waits until the connection is clear
B) Compresses the data
C) Downloads all of the data to temp directory on the client.
D) Builds up a buffer of data before starting playback
52) Connecting to the Internet via an ISP requires two things: hardware and
A) a computer.
B) a modem.
D) a telephone.
75) ______ is a summary of the aims of Problem Management within that organization and high level processes to achieve those aims.
A) Knowledge management
B) Problem management process
C) Access management process
D) Release and deployment management process
100) Companies success depends upon keeping up-to-date with customer needs by using the
A) Access management process.
B) Continual Service Improvement process.
C) Problem management process.
D) Release and deployment management process.
81) ITIL is the acronym for what ITSM standard?
A) Information Technology Infrastructure Library
B) Infrastructure Troubleshooting Information Library
C) Infrastructure Technology Information Library
D) Information Troubleshooting Infrastructure Library
91) Service Level Agreement contracts commonly include which one of the following?
A) Seven Sigma benchmarks
B) Third Party Integrations
C) Initial compensation rates
D) Performance Measurement
60) Companies have security policies to protect all of the following except
A) customers’ personal information.
C) customers’ credit.
D) the company.
90) Help desk metrics are used to record:
A) fault tolerances of the system.
B) events related to a customer’s Service Level Agreement.
C) peak capacity of the phone system.
D) overall load on phone system.
87) Generally the most important issues are given what severity level?
Send me a copy of my responses.
Page 1 of 1
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service