A completed application includes this form and several other supporting documents.
All supporting documents should be SUBMITTED TOGETHER. They can all be printed and mailed, or all uploaded on this form below. PUT YOUR NAME ON THE FILE TITLE OF ALL DOCUMENTS.
1. Letter of recommendation from your Latin teacher. This letter MUST include confirmation of JCL offices held, performance of those duties, club/class involvement.
2. Signed verification from your Latin teacher that your local Latin Chapter is a paid member of the NJCL and the CJCL.
3. A second letter of recommendation from a teacher other than your Latin teacher. THIS CAN BE EMAILED TO email@example.com
4. A copy of your high school transcript.
5. An essay written by you on the value of Latin study (500 -1000 words). Include answers to these questions: A) Why did you begin the study of Latin? B) Why did you continue it? C) Why do you wish to continue the study of Latin on the college level? D) What do you find especially interesting and valuable in the Latin language and in knowing about Roman civilization?
The deadlines for application and supporting documents are: the postmark deadline is March 4, 2019; the e-mail deadline is March 8, 2019.
Katie Robinson, Scholarship ChairmanCalifornia Junior Classical League1336 PavorealSan Clemente, CA 92673