Beyond Borders Storytelling: Pitch your story
Do you have a story that fits one of our themes? If so, submit it to us here for your chance to tell it at one of our shows!
* Please describe the beginning, middle and end of your story in a few sentences.
* Tell us SPECIFICS: actual events, places, characters. Tell us what the conflict is. Provide enough detail to give us a sense of the story arc.
* Stories must be true and based on your first hand experience
* Stories can be from 3-10 min long
* No essays - stories must be action based
Example of a good pitch:
I made friends with a co-worker and I learned that he was attempting to collect a deck of cards made entirely of cards that he would find on the ground. I realized how frustrating it must be to find a card that was already in the collection, so I made it my mission to ensure this happened to him over and over. So for the next 4 years, I trolled him. I bought dozens of decks of cards, always kept a Two of Clubs in my back pocket, and would leave them in various places I knew he'd find. After 4 years of this, I eventually revealed what I had been doing and he was astonished, describing the revelation as like finding out about Santa Claus.
Questions? Contact mcmahon.megan at gmail dot com
Visit us at
and on Facebook
Which story jam(s) are you interested in?
Dec 2019 - GIFT
Feb 2020 - ENVY
Apr 2020 - LUCKY
Jun 2020 - FATHER KNOWS BEST
Summarize your story in a few sentences. Tell us who, what, when, where, and the conflict or tension.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service