Become a Just Gardener in 2020
Community gardeners teach workshops that build subsidized food gardens for low income people in their homes or community spaces. Our current areas of operation are 1. Rainier Beach (and surrounding neighborhoods) 2. Crown Hill/Greenwood/Ballard 3. Deer Park/Spokane. We build by neighborhood, so if you have neighbors that would qualify to be Just Gardeners, have them apply to increase the chance that we build in your area. The gardens include between one to three garden beds, soil, seeds, starts, a gardening guide, and gardening workshops.
Due to Covid-19, workshops will be limited in size, social distancing encouraged, and masks required.
• One to three garden beds. Kinds of beds include: Raised beds (4'x8' wood frame, or root bag) In ground beds (food forest bed with 1 fruit tree, 2 berries, 3 ground covers, or classic double dug bed, or the cult classic hugelkultur mound)
• Free vegetable/fruit starts
• Free seeds (Fun fact: you can buy seeds with EBT SNAP)
• Free gardening guide
• Free gardening workshops
Gardeners commit to:
• Depending on your income, and the garden size, paying between $5 - $2000
• Accepting the responsibility of your garden and taking care of it
• Contributing to your garden build - Inviting neighbors, friends, and community members to help.
• Volunteering with the Just Garden Project 10 or more hours (over the course of the year, on other builds, community or outreach events, and/or mentoring the next folks.
• Sharing what food you cannot use yourself with family and community
As a food gardener, you are rewarded with fresh food of your choosing, and the benefits of gardening for years to come!
Sign in to Google
to save your progress.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service