Fair Lawn Board of Education: Proposed "Soft Borders"
There has already been a great deal of discussion and concern over the potential new "Soft Borders" policy being considered by the Fair Lawn Board of Education (BOE).
If enacted, such a policy could have serious impacts, such as:
1. Uncertainty and anxiety around where children will attend elementary school
2. Lowering property values and making Fair Lawn less competitive in the regional housing market
3. Undermining the philosophy of having Fair Lawn children attend their neighborhood school
4. Social concerns regarding children’s transition to middle school
5. Pedestrian safety and heightened burden on families and schools to transport children to school
6. Concentrated power of the superintendent to determine which individual families are involuntarily reassigned
7. Long-term over-enrollment of other schools
Please add your contact information to this mailing list if you are interested in working with other citizens of Fair Lawn to encourage the BOE to find more sustainable and effective solutions to the overcrowding concerns. (This list is being compiled by private community members of Fair Lawn who do not intend to use or share your information for any other purpose besides collective citizen action. You can request to be removed at any time.)
See more about the proposed policy here:
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google. -
Terms of Service