Anne of Green Gables Book Quiz
1) Anne Shirley often does all of the following EXCEPT . . .
Feels extremely hopeful or extremely disappointed
2) When Anne first comes to Green Gables . . .
Marilla forces her to do all the cleaning, cooking, and sewing
The orphanage got the wrong message and was supposed to send a boy
She was running away from Mrs. Peters, where she had cared for twins
She was too old for the orphanage, and came to Avonlea to go to school
3) Anne is stubborn because . . .
She apologizes to Mrs. Lynde
She takes a long time to forgive Gilbert for teasing her
She prefers puff sleeves on her dresses
She has frequent arguments with Diana
4) Where does most of the story take place?
The Lake of Shining Waters
Prince Edward Island, Canada
5) Anne can be described as a romantic, which means . . .
She’s in love with lots of different boys
She prefers music from the romantic era
She lights candles at the school
She looks for dramatic, emotional beauty in the world around her
She is friendly
6) Marilla’s love for Anne . . .
Is joyful and wild
Is quiet and steady
Comes and goes
Spoils Anne’s behavior
7) A “kindred spirit” means a person who . . .
Attends church regularly
Is related to you
Is happy and optimistic
Has a similar approach to life
Is sullen and depressed
8) Anne has all of the following misadventures EXCEPT . . .
Releases the farm chickens so they can be free
She jumps on Diana’s elderly aunt, who is asleep in bed
Gives her best friend alcohol when she comes for tea
Sprains her ankle after falling off the roof
Breaks a board over a classmate’s head at school
9) Which character in the book is a kindred spirit to Anne?
10) This book is a classic that has been translated into many different languages, and it was written 100 years ago. What do readers probably find most appealing about it?
It is a biography that teaches important historical events
It features a character people can relate to
It is a guide for people who want to adopt children
It teaches readers to appreciate flowers, nature, and the environment
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service