The financial aid application process looks like this:
1. You fill out and submit this form. Hurra!
2. Within 48 hours we'll review your submission and may contact you if we need more information.
3. We'll review all of the applications and send out acceptances and rejections by the deadlines below (or earlier, if you've listed a hard deadline)
*** IMPORTANT DATES ***
- Sunday, Sep 10th: deadline for applications for the first round, which will be sent out by Sunday, Sept 17th.
- Friday, Oct 6th: deadline for applications for the second round, which will be sent out by Friday, Oct 13th.
FAQ:Q: Financial aid would help me, but there are definitely people who need it more than I do. Should I submit an application?A: Yes! Yes you should submit an application. You may not get the full amount you've requested, but we can almost certainly help.
Q: How is financial aid allocation determined?A: We try to maximize the value that every financial aid dollar brings to the recipient, to PyCon Canada, and to the Python community at large.
Q: Should I buy a ticket?A: No, not yet. Applicants receiving grants will also receive a ticket, and applicants which don't receive a grant will be given the option to purchase a ticket (even if tickets are otherwise sold out).
Q: Can you provide a letter of invitation for my visa application?A: Yes! Please contact email@example.com and tell us what you'll need.
Any questions or comments? Please contact the financial aid team at firstname.lastname@example.org