1. Which of these colors of visible light has the shortest wavelength?
2. The visible light spectrum can be subdivided according to
A. The types of waves
B. the sizes of particles
C. . a range of colors
D. a type of energy.
3. Visible light is which type of wave?
4. Snapping a rubber band most likely produces which type of energy?
A. heat energy
B. light energy
C. sound energy
D. electrical energy
5.Sound will travel fastest through which substance?
6. Sound is able to travel faster in solids than in air because the molecules in a solid are
a. closer together than air molecules.
b. more easily moved than air molecules
c. moving faster than air molecules.
d. larger than air molecules.
7.A student tightened a string on a guitar while playing. The sound changed because
A. the volume increased
b. the rate of vibration increased.
c. C. the pitch decreased.
d. the velocity decreased.
8. Scientists use large optical telescopes to obtain information about the planets in the solar system. Whatwavelengths of electromagnetic radiation provide this information?
a. gamma radiation
.B. infrared radiation
c. radio waves
d. visible light
9. A stretched string attached to two fixed points is compressed at one end and released. The resulting waves travel back and forth between the two fixed ends of the spring until it comes to a stop. This mechanical wave is an example of
c. refracted wave
d. super compression wave
10. What is the lowest part of a transverse wave
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Durham Public Schools.
Terms of Service