Physics Quiz #1(Physics Foundation)
Choose the most appropriate answer and test your preparation.
1. Scalar quantity has only magnitude and negave magnitude has no meaning. But work done can be negative, because:
work done is not scalar.
work done is dot product of two vector quantities.
work done is defined as the change of another quantity (energy).
negative magnitude is not meaningless.
2. Charge can have positive and negative values because:
charge is not scalar.
negative and positive denote types of charge, not the sign of magnitude.
charge is exception in scalar quantities having negative nad positive values.
charge is defined as the change of another quantity.
3. Time of flight of a body projected vertically upwards without consdidering the air resistance is T and real time of flight (under the action of air resistance only) is T'. Then,
relation depends upon the mass and nature of resistance.
4. A body starting from rest with a constant acceleration covers 18m between t=6s to t = 8s interval. What is its acceleration?
5. A ball thrown vertically upward, has velocity approximately 22 m/s at the moment 1s before it reaches the maximum height. There is no air resistance or force of buoyancy acting on the body. It is possible if the ball has been projected from the surface of
6.A box of mass 10kg is placed on the floor of the truck. Truck starts accelerating at a rate 2m/s2. If coefficent of friction between the box and the truck-floor is 0.9. Taking the value of gravitional acceleration as 10 m/s2, the net force acting on the box as observed from the ground is:
70 N in the opposite the direction of truck's motion.
11 N in the direction of trucks motion
20N N in the direction of trucks motion.
9N in the direction of truck's motion.
7. An observer A notices another observer B accelerating with an acceleration 4m/s2. Choose the correct possibility:
A and B both may be accelerating.
Only one of them is accelerating.
Neither of them may be accelerating.
B is accelerating while A is at rest.
8. Three bodies A, B and C are kept in contact on a frictionless surface as shown in the figure. Forces of same magnitude are applied on A and C successively to push the bodies.
(More than one alternative may be correct)
Force of action-reaction between A and B is maximum when force is applied on A
Force of action-reaction between A and B is maximum when force is applied on C
Force of action-reaction between B and C is maximum when force is applied on A
Force of action-reaction between B and C is the same when force is applied on A and on C
9. A body of mass 1 kg falls from rest through 100m and hits the ground with speed 40m/s. The work done by the air resistance on the body during the fall is
10. A box is placed on a conveyer belt as shown in the figure. Coefficient of friction between the box and the belt is 0.4. Belt accelerates with acceleration 5m/s2 for 1 s and then retards with the value of retardation and stops. Distance travelled by the box duing this period in reference frame of earth is:
Send me a copy of my responses.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service