MONTVILLE TOWNSHIP PUBLIC SCHOOLS DISTRICT
Now accepting applications for the
Integrated Preschool Program 2023 - 2024
Children with and without special needs will be educated together in an innovative, child-centered program designed to promote the academic, social, emotional and language development of every child. The program will consist of:
Key program components include:
- 3 year olds- 5 half-day AM sessions per week (8:10am - 10:40am)
- 4 year olds- 5 half-day PM sessions per week (11:50am - 2:20pm)
- Research based instruction and materials, which are aligned with the NJ Department of Education’s guidelines for high-quality early childhood education and designed to ensure students are prepared to successfully transition into kindergarten.
- Class lessons facilitated by a certified Speech and Language Specialist to enhance language development.
- Class lessons facilitated by an Occupational and Physical Therapist to enhance fine and gross motor development.
- Weekly instruction in art, music, and media taught by certificated faculty members.
- Ongoing involvement in school-wide events including school assemblies, special programs, theme days, and field trips.
Enrollment is open to a limited number of typical preschool children who will be selected via a lottery process. A preschool readiness screening will be administered to all applicants. In order to be eligible, children must be at least 3 years of age, but less than 5 years of age, on or before October 1st. All children must be toilet trained to enter the program. Parents are responsible for paying tuition to the Montville Township Board of Education at a yearly cost of $5,000 divided into 10 payments. Limited transportation is available at a rate of $250 per year (one way) and $500 per year (round trip).Where to Apply
Complete the google form below and submit.
*Once the application is complete, drop off or mail:
- A copy of your child’s birth certificate
- Proof of residency and
- A driver’s license
Please send the above items to:
Montville Township Public Schools
Board of Education Office / Dept. of Special Services
86 River Road, Montville, NJ 07045
Applications submitted after February 28, 2023 will be placed on a waiting list.
Preschool screenings will be held March 20, 21, & 22, 2023 at Valley View Elementary School between 9am - 2pm. Parents will be notified of their preschool screening date/time via email.
Written notification of program acceptance will be mailed by April 17, 2023.
Do not register your child with the district until your child has been accepted into the program.