NorCal GSP Rescue Volunteer Application
Thank you for volunteering for NorCal GSP Rescue!
For insurance and reference purposes, please provide the following information.
Below are the various volunteer opportunities available with the rescue.
Please check all opportunities you are interested in:
Provide a foster home (please see the next section for more information)
Transportation from shelter to foster homes/vet or between foster homes
Visit shelters, pounds & private homes to identify dogs as purebred GSPs
Offer counseling to adopters and/or foster homes
Provide food for one or more dogs
Support a dog through vet care
Capture photos/videos of dogs in foster care
Help with website updates
Provide funding for an ad
Help with outreach and marketing
General writing (newsletter, website blurbs, etc)
Assist with fundraising/adoption events
Host garage sales to benefit the rescue
Drive awareness via social media
Contact volunteers via phone/email with urgent requests
Help with clerical duties
Help with data management
Recruit and screen new volunteers
Please list any other skills or interests, and/or give more detail on how you would like to help with the opportunities you selected.
Become a Foster Home
Please complete this section if you are interested in fostering GSPs in need. Every GSP we save is thanks to kind-hearted people like you.
How long can you provide a foster home?
Check all that apply.
Vacation foster coverage
Temporary fostering (less than a month)
Long-term fostering (until the dog is adopted)
Forever Foster home
As a foster home, you may need to transport your foster dog.
If you transport GSPs in affiliation with the rescue, the following information is required for our liability insurance. This information will not be shared publicly and is stored securely. If you have questions about why this information is needed, please contact
and we'll be happy to help.
Do you have a valid driver's license?
Do you have auto insurance?
Have you ever been convicted of a DUI?
PLEASE READ AND BE SURE YOU UNDERSTAND THE FOLLOWING STATEMENTS BEFORE SIGNING:
I, the undersigned, understand and agree to the following:
1. I have filled out this form in order to apply as a volunteer /provide a foster home for NorCal German Shorthaired Pointer Rescue (NCGSPR).
2. The information provided is accurate to the best of my knowledge and can be used by NGSPR and its personnel, including other volunteers, with respect to this application and any work I do as a volunteer.
3. If accepted as a volunteer/foster home, I will update NCGSPR with any changes in any of the information provided above.
4. I have never been accused of and/or found guilty of violating any law regarding the welfare of or cruelty to animals.
5. I understand that I may be given access to confidential, private, and/or proprietary information regarding NCGSPR, its dogs and personnel, as well as private information about individuals who foster or adopt dogs from NCGSPR. I agree that I will not share any such information received from NCGSPR that is not otherwise public with anyone other than NCGSPR personnel and other volunteers to the extent necessary to carry out my volunteer activities.
6. I agree that, as a condition of my acceptance into the NCGSPR volunteer/foster program, that I will not, at any time during or after my time as a volunteer, take any action which is intended to, or would reasonably be expected to, harm NCGSPR or its reputation, or the reputation of its board of directors, its officers, members, and agents, or which would reasonably be expected to lead to unfavorable publicity to NCGSPR or its offers and personnel. I understand that as a volunteer for NCGSPR, I may be asked to do a number of tasks and interact with other volunteers, with NCGSPR dogs, and with members of the public.
7. I grant permission to NCGSPR and its agents, employees or assigns, the irrevocable right to use any audio or video materials taken of and/or provided by me related to GSPs, for use as NCGSPR sees fit. I waive any right to inspect or approve the finished materials or printed or electronic matter that may be used in conjunction with them now or in the future, whether that use is known to me or unknown, and waive any right to royalties or other compensation arising from or related to the use of the materials.
8. During the period in which I am fostering a NCGSPR dog (“the GSP”), I will be responsible for keeping the GSP up to date on all vaccinations and veterinary care, including rabies. In order to ensure an efficient process, I will contact the NCGSPR Case Manager before any veterinary visits and I understand that NCGSPR will be making payments directly to the veterinarian. I understand that NCGSPR will reimburse me for all pre-approved out of pocket expenses, if I submit valid receipts for payment.
9. I will not be compensated for fostering the GSP, and I am solely responsible for all costs of caring for any GSP I foster, other than the cost of vaccinations and necessary veterinary costs. I understand that NCGSPR will provide a crate for my foster GSP, upon request.
10. Any GSP for which I provide foster care is the sole property of NCGSPR unless and until such ownership is transferred by a written contract. At any time, and for any reason, I will return any GSP which I am fostering for NCGSPR, at the request of NCGSPR personnel.
11. I will provide copies of any documents or medical records of the dog in my care to NCGSPR within three days of request.
12. I will always treat the GSP as a house dog and family pet and never leave it chained or tied or have it live outside for any extended period of time. I understand that the GSP is a dog that has high-energy needs and I will provide exercise on a regular basis in a properly supervised environment. I will treat the GSP with affection and kindness and never subject it to any type of abuse or neglect.
13. I agree to use only positive reinforcement training techniques, and to never use choke, pinch, prong, or shock collars. I will not confine or contain the GSP using electric, electronic and/or invisible fencing. I will never let the GSP be used for any medical or experimental purposes, nor for attack or guard dog purposes.
14. NorCal GSP Rescue will arrange for an initial home visit prior to fostering any GSP.
15. During the time I am fostering any GSP, I will allow occasional home visits by a NCGSPR representative.
16. During the time I am fostering any GSP, I will reply and respond to all requests for information from NCGSPR within a week.
17. During the time I am fostering any GSP, I will keep a collar with the NCGSPR tag and the Foster Dog tag on the GSP at all times.
18. If the foster GSP is lost or stolen, I will immediately notify NCGSPR and make every effort to locate the dog, including contacting local animal shelters and animal control departments.
19. I understand that under no circumstances may this dog be used for breeding or be allowed to be impregnated. If the dog is used for breeding prior to sterilization, any resulting offspring, as well as the GSP, are solely owned by NCGSPR, and shall be returned to NCGSPR upon request by NCGSPR personnel.
20. I will indemnify and hold harmless NCGSPR, its agents, employees, officers, directors and volunteers, with respect to any injury, financial, physical, or emotional, that occurs to me as a result of my participation in the foster program of NCGSPR. Additionally, I will defend, indemnify and hold harmless NCGSPR, its agents, employees, officers, directors and volunteers, with respect to any claims of any kind, brought by anyone, for any injuries or damages caused to anyone or any animal, that are the result of my negligent or intentional acts.
21. I will be responsible for any legal fees or other costs which NCGSPR must expend to enforce my compliance with any agreement with NCGSPR or as a result of my provision of false information on this form. This Agreement is governed by the laws of California, and in the event that a suit is brought by any party or parties to this Contract, the parties agree that such suit can only be brought in the State of California, San Mateo County.
A photographic, facsimile, carbon copy or electronic version of this authorization may be deemed to be the equivalent of the original and maybe used as a duplicate original.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of NorCal German Shorthaired Pointer Rescue, Inc..
Terms of Service