CARSplus 39th Annual Convention, Call for Presenters - "20/20 Vision for Special Education"
CARSpus is seeking those who are interested in being a presenter at the 39th annual CARSplus convention to be held at Hotel Irvine in Hotel Irvine, 17900 Jamboree Rd, Irvine, CA on Friday, February 21 and Saturday, February 22, 2020.
The goal of the annual CARSplus convention is to bring together Educators and other professionals who support students with IEPs for a time of professional renewal.
Requirements for presentations and professionals include:
* - Presentation is approximately 90 minutes in length to allow time (15 minutes) for Q & A.
* - Presentation focus on a priority strand identified by the convention committee. Areas of focus include but are not limited to: assessment, behavior management, collaboration/co-teaching, dyslexia, early childhood education; facilitation of IEP and goals, instructional strategies, legal issues, mental health, MTSS, transition, technology; and UDL.
* - Presentations that will benefit teachers who are new to SpEd, veteran educators who are looking for new inspiration, and engage the participants.
* - Presenters are responsible for all expenses related to presenting at the convention, unless otherwise approved by the CARSplus Board of Directors.
* - Presenters who wish to attend other convention sessions or meals, must register and pay the registration fees.
* - Co-presenters must complete a separate application.
* - Complimentary registration is granted ONLY to CARSplus members who present TWO (2) or more, single sessions OR one (1) double session.
* - All non-members and those presenting only a single session (90 minutes) will receive a credit of $100 to be applied to their 2020 convention registration fees.
* - All requests must be submitted in writing.
* - Direct all questions/concerns to convention@CARSplus.org.
Name of Co-Presenter (note: they will also need to complete an application).
Mailing Address: street
Mailing Address: city
Mailing Address: zip
Is there a co-presenter?
Description of Presentation
This session highlights a product?
If your session is highlighting a product, would you like more information about an exhibitor table at convention?
STRANDS: check all that apply
Early Childhood Education
Facilitation of IEP and Goals
Transition (elementary to middle school)
Transition (middle to high school)
Transition (18-22 year-old)
DAYS to PRESENT
Friday, February 21 ONLY
Saturday, February 22 ONLY
BOTH days (Friday, 21 and Saturday 22)
Single Session (90 minutes)
Double Session ( two 90 minute sessions with a break)
ARE YOU WILLING TO REPEAT YOUR SESSION?
PRESENTATION NEEDS (check all that apply)
LCD projector (note: you will be required to bring the cable needed to connect your laptop to the projector.)
Require internet connection
Attendees will need Wi-Fi (Note: typically, meeting space does NOT have Wi-Fi which results in an added expense. WiFi is free in guest rooms and public areas of hotel.)
Handouts (CARSplus does NOT make handout copies. You will need to have an electronic copy available for posting on our website no later than December 31, 2019 for our attendees to download.)
Detailed description/outline of the topics covered by your presentation that will be used in the convention brochure. 50 words or less.
One paragraph biography (give information that would be of interest to attendees).
Submit High-Resolution head shot that is digitally ready to Convention@CARSplus.org. Please include first/last name with photo
I have sent a headshot
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service