RETREAT: This year, we're very fortunate to invite you all to the new Veda Foundation project - 116 acres of land, surrounded by Ocala National Forest, on the bank of a scenic lake. An incredible 5-day retreat with enchanting kirtans, interactive seminars, and sumptuous prasadam!
SUBJECT: Maharaj will be taking us on a spiritual journey through Krishna's transcendental pastimes from Garga Samhita.
WHERE: Veda Foundation, 45801 Central Camp Road, Deland, Florida 32720 (see http://www.vedafoundation.net)
WHEN: everyone is encouraged to arrive by Wednesday morning for the "bonus pre-seminar day", but if you cannot, then do not worry - the actual seminar starts on Thursday morning: • Tuesday 17th July 2018 = plan to arrive for an evening checkin & orientation• Wednesday 18th July 2018 = bonus pre-seminar full day (for those who can make it)• Thursday 19th July 2018 = full day• Friday 20th July 2018 = full day• Saturday 21st July 2018 = full day• Sunday 22nd July 2018 = half day seminar & initiations, checkout & depart after lunch
TYPICAL DAILY SCHEDULE: • 4.30am = Mangal Arati• 7am = Guru Puja• 8am = Srimad Bhagavatam Class• 9am = Breakfast prasadam• 11am-12pm = Maharaj morning seminar• 1pm = Lunch prasadam• 4pm-6pm = Maharaj evening seminar• 6pm-7pm = kirtan• 7.30pm = dinner prasadam
• MCO (Orlando International Airport) is the closest big airport, and has great domestic and international connectivity, and is only 65mins drive from Veda Foundation.
• SFB (Sanford International Airport) is also close (45mins drive) and has good cheap domestic flights with Allegiant Air (https://www.allegiantair.com).
• DAB (Daytona Beach International Airport) is also close (40mins drive) and has direct flights to New York, Atlanta and Charlotte: http://www.flydaytonafirst.com/schedule.stml
• JAX (Jacksonville International Airport) and GNV (Gainesville Regional Airport) are other options for those who wish to stop by and visit the ISKCON Alachua community.
• Transfers: it is best to hire a local rental car, especially if you intend to stay in a hotel in Deland city. Alternatively, book a Lyft or Uber from your airport.
• Road: plot your GPS route to Veda Foundation, 45801 Central Camp Road, Deland, Florida 32720
• Onsite: only $10/night/person! That's $50 for the 5 nights total! Very limited space (only 26 beds in total). There are two dormitories (one for Prabhus, the other for Matajis), and each has 6 toilets & 6 shower cubicles. Currently, we don't have any private guest rooms at all. Children under 10 are not allowed to stay within the dormitories. These rooms will be allocated to whoever registers & pays first.
• Offsite: You can directly book nearby hotel rooms in the city of DeLand (just 20 mins drive away). You should checkin on Tue 17th July night and checkout on Sunday 22nd July morning (5 nights). We have negotiated a discount with Days Inn. Here are some photos (20-25mins drive to temple): https://www.expedia.com/Days-Inn-by-Wyndham-Orange-CityDeland.h19506.Hotel-Information?chkin=5%2F31%2F2018&chkout=6%2F1%2F2018®ionId=7987&destination=Orange+City%2C+Florida%2C+United+States+of+America&mctc=10&rm1=a2&x_pwa=1&top_dp=82&top_cur=USD&rfrr=HSR&pwa_ts=1527783477471 Discounted Price: $60 + taxes / night / room (double occupancy) Contact number: +1 386 775 4522. Ask to speak to Manisha Patel and make your reservation with reference “BCS Retreat”.
You will need private transport to reach Veda Foundation. Either plan to book a rental car, pool & share, or use Uber/taxis. Uber typically costs $20 one way from Deland city to Veda Foundation.
• Retreat charge is $200 (EXCLUDING accommodation) per person. This fee covers seminars, prasadam 3 x per day, and all retreat organisation costs.
• Accommodation onsite - $10/night/person or $50 in total. • Accommodation offsite - please book and pay for this yourself on third party websites.• Transfers from airport - please book and pay for this yourself using public taxis.
• Adults and Children 7 years or above: full payment• Children below 7 years : Free
Fill out the form on the subsequent pages, and you will get a reservation email. But to fully confirm your spaces on the retreat, you must make full payment in advance.
Pay using our PayPal link: www.paypal.me/VedaFoundation
Once you have made the payment and we've matched the payment to your registration name, we will contact you again to confirm your spaces on the retreat.
For further information or any queries, please don't hesitate to get in touch with us :
Thank you,Retreat TeamYour servants,The Retreat Team
+1 786 660 firstname.lastname@example.org Veda Foundation45801 Central Camp Road,Deland, Florida 32720