Unit 1 Quiz Intro Botany
1. Biologists and Botanists group all living things into which domains?
2. Plants share the following characteristics with ALL other living organisms
have RNA, reproduce, and are made up of prokaryotic cells
have DNA, reproduce asexually, and are made up of cells
have DNA, reproduce, and are made up of cells
have DNA, reproduce, and are multicellular
none of the above choices are correct
3. Which of the following levels of biological organization includes all others in the list: cell, organism, molecule, tissue?
4. Cells found in plants are
5. Photosynthesis is when plants take the sun's energy and trap it into the chemical bonds of
6. Plants store extra energy as
7. N is a macronutrient needed by plants for several important substances. For example, N used by plants in
regulating openings and closings of stomata in leaves
building lipids (fats and oils), cell membranes, energy carrying molecules (ATP)
building proteins, chlorophyll
8. An anion is an ion that has
a partial charge
a positive charge
a negative charge
9. Cellulose is a complex carbohydrate found in the _____________ of plants.
10. Which of the following essential plant nutrients would be considered a primary MACRONUTRIENT?
Ni, O, C
Cu, Mg, Mo
N, P, K
Fe, Zn, N
11. Photosynthesis REQUIRES each of the following EXCEPT
12. The correct lewis dot structure for Carbon is (select the correct choice based on the diagram below)
13. MICRONUTRIENTS are elements
required in large quantities by plants
not needed at all by plants
usually absorbed by plants from the air
needed in trace or small amounts by plants
nutrients that are really small
14. P is an essential nutrient used by plants in
component of cell walls
helping legumes in nitrogen fixation
for energy transfer (ATP) and primary component of nucleic acids (DNA)
15. Most Plants are capable of absorbing light energy and converting it into chemical energy because they contain a pigment called
16. Potassium is used by plants for
in opening and closing stomata ("windows" under plant leaves)
required by nitrogen-fixing organisms
17. Photosynthesis consumes __________ and produces ___________.
18. Green plants are
neither heterotrophs nor autotrophs
both heterotrophs and autotrophs
19. The organelle in plant cells responsible for photosynthesis is the ______________
21. The molecular formula for cellulose is C6H7O2(OH)2. How many oxygen atoms are found in cellulose?
22. The correct lewis dot structure for Magnesium (Mg) is
23. Which of the following would be considered a micronutrient?
They are ALL micronutrients
NONE of these are micronutrients
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google. -
Terms of Service