PRJS 2020 Panelist Application
This form is for you to submit a panel proposal for the Pittsburgh Racial Justice Summit (PRJS) 2020. The theme for PRJS 2020 is "1619-2020: Decolonize Our Histories to Reclaim Our Humanity".
To complete this form, please have the following information at the ready:
* Names, email addresses, and professional affiliations for no more than five (5) Panelists.
* IMPORTANT NOTE: One of our top priorities for PRJS every year is to prominently feature and amplify the voices of Black, indigenous, and other peoples of color (BIPOC). We seek proposals that respect and adhere to this priority on principle.
* A list of AT LEAST ONE (1) and up to four (4) potential Panel Moderators who will serve as a timekeeper for panelist remarks and the panel overall, ask directed questions for panelists to address, and remain non-partisan throughout the panel discussion. The Panel Moderator MAY NOT be one of the Panelists.
* Panel title (approx. 10-12 words).
* In-depth description of panel topic(s) (approx. 500 words). Please include information about 1) the specific topic(s) the panelists will discuss, 2) how those topics are directly related to the summit theme, 3) why this panel topic has a broad enough appeal to engage the majority of summit attendees, 4) how panelists will present or navigate those topics with the expected audience, 5) how each panelist will make a unique contribution to the discussion that offers differing–and, potentially opposing–viewpoints on the topic, and 6) any content warnings that attendees should be aware of prior to the panel.
* Blurb (150 words max.) briefly summarizing panel content and introducing each panelist and their background and qualifications for discussing the panel topic. For accepted panels, this blurb will appear in the official PRJS 2020 program.
* A brief description of how each panelist is individually equipped to discuss the proposed topic. This could include personal background and experience, educational history, professional qualifications and certifications, etc. A description of the panel moderator(s)' qualifications must also be provided.
Please submit your proposal no later than 11:59 pm on Friday, November 15, 2019. Should you have any questions, please send the organizing committee an email at
with the title "PRJS 2020 workshop/panel application question".
We plan to hold two (2) large-format panel discussions on the day of the summit. These large-format panels will take place in the Chapel Auditorium at the Pittsburgh Theological Seminary which accommodates 400 people. Panels must be no longer than 90 minutes total, which should include 80 minutes of discussion and audience questions with 10 minutes at the end for attendees to complete evaluations of the panel and Panelists.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service