As part of the process of evaluating the LCAP, IUSD is seeking input from parents, students, district employees, community members, and public agencies to determine the appropriateness of the goals, actions, and budget priorities that have been identified in the 2017-2020 LCAP.
The Imperial Unified School District values the input of parents and community as it prepares to amend its Local Control Accountability Plan and Budget for the 2019-20 school year.
Due to the fact that no personal information will be collected, we will be unable to answer any questions posted in the comment sections.
Please respond by April 12, 2019.
(Priority 1) Basic: degree to which teachers are appropriately assigned pursuant to Education Code section 44258.9, and fully credentialed in the subject areas and for the pupils they are teaching; pupils have access to standards-aligned instructional materials pursuant to Education Code section 60119; and school facilities are maintained in good repair pursuant to Education Code section 17002(d).
(Priority 2) Implementation of State Standards: implementation of academic content and performance standards and English language development standards adopted by the state board for all pupils, including English learners.
(Priority 3) Parental involvement: efforts to seek parent input in decision making at the district and each schoolsite, promotion of parent participation in programs for unduplicated pupils and special need subgroups.
(Priority 4) Pupil achievement: performance on standardized tests, score on Academic Performance Index, share of pupils that are college and career ready, share of English learners that become English proficient, English learner reclassification rate, share of pupils that pass Advanced Placement exams with 3 or higher, share of pupils determined prepared for college by the Early Assessment Program.
(Priority 5) Pupil engagement: school attendance rates, chronic absenteeism rates, middle school dropout rates, high school dropout rates, high school graduations rates.
(Priority 6) School climate: pupil suspension rates, pupil expulsion rates, other local measures including surveys of pupils, parents and teachers on the sense of safety and school connectedness.
(Priority 7) Course access: pupil enrollment in a broad course of study that includes all of the subject areas described in Education Code section 51210 and subdivisions (a) to (i), inclusive, of Section 51220, as applicable.
1. Academic Content and Performance Standards (develop and implement a timeline for program adoption for ELA / English Language Development / Math, Social Science, and Science and interventions)
2. Core Instruction (students will have access to core subject instructional materials aligned to new California Standards and appropriate leveled English/Language Arts and Math instruction, based on their instructional needs.)
3. Intensive Intervention (Implement a consistent RTI2 program districtwide to ensure that all students receive the appropriate differentiated instruction, support and/or intervention)
4. Strategic Support (sites have stand-alone Intensive Intervention ELA / ELD and Math programs that have been designed to accelerate student learning two grade levels for every year of instruction)
5.Communication (Imperial Unified School District will provide clear and timely communication to parents and community members.)
6. Broad Course of Study (Increase the number of students who are UC/CSU Eligible by targeting students)
7. Parent Participation (Parental participation will increase at all school-sites, including appropriate parent representation from student subgroups)
8. Pupil Engagement (IUSD will continue to identify and monitor students who are identified as possible Dropouts by reviewing and updating procedures utilized in the identification process of students in danger of Dropping out)
9. School Facilities (Maintain facilities in a manner that assures a clean, safe, and functional environment)
10. School Personnel (Maintain IUSD’s commitment to employing well trained and qualified teachers and administrators and support staff)