Chess.com Holiday Puzzler 2017
1. What is your Chess.com username?
2. Which famous chess player defeated his countryman with three wins and five draws to advance in the Candidates' cycle to face another countryman? (Name one of two possible answers.)
3. Which chess player gave away one of his time-outs to help a former world chess champion recover from illness in an important match?
4. Which famous chess player went 15-0 in a simul in the German city of Mönchengladbach?
5. Which chess player rated in the world's top 20 shares a birthday with a former world chess champion, a Wimbledon tennis champion, an Alabama Crimson Tide college football national champion, a silver medalist in Olympic race walking, and a former king of England?
Whose hair is this?
6. Which famous chess player's hair is shown in the image above?
White to check and mate in two
7. What is the only check for White that mates in two?
Who won this game?
8. Which player in the world's top 20 won the chess game above?
9. Which chess grandmaster's name is an anagram of the phrase "beet container"?
A magical chess game
10. Who won the above chess game in 2017?
White to play and draw
11. What is the only move for White to play and draw the game with best play in the above position?
White to play and win
12. What is the only move for White to play and win with best play in the position above?
Who won this game?
13. Which famous chess player won the above game in 2017?
Whose mustache is this?
14. Which famous chess player's mustache is shown in the above image?
15. Which character is shown winning a chess game against Jim Halpert in the American television series "The Office"?
16. How many possible chess positions are there on the chessboard after four complete legal moves?
17. How many geometric squares can be counted on a standard chessboard (with overlapping possible)?
The mysterious chess bags
18. There are two chess bags, one containing two black pawns, and one containing one black and one white pawn. Your friend chooses a bag at random and without looking inside, pulls out one black pawn. What is the probability your friend chose the bag with two black pawns? Please answer with a fraction.
19. Who wrote the first chess book ever read by the highest-rated player in chess history?
20. What is the only day of the week on which none of the 16 classical world chess champions was ever born?
Page 1 of 1
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service