June 21 - July 25
Location: Berkeley, CA
Thank you for your interest in participating in this summer’s Bay Area Justice Program (BAYJP). We appreciate your commitment to learn more about God’s love for the poor, community, racial righteousness/justice, and prayer. We know that your pursuit of these issues will help you grow spiritually and become a more developed and holistic disciple of Jesus.
There are 5 major components of the summer internship program.
1. Training: Learning together about the Gospel –specifically about God’s love for the poor, injustice, and pursuing racial righteousness/justice – through Scripture, discussions, testimonies, teaching, and experiences in the community.
2. Service: Partnering with and learning from ministries in the community.
3. Community: Students and staff growing together through communal spiritual disciplines, living and working in community, and learning to manage conflict.
4. Spiritual Disciplines: Relating with God and God’s people through worship, prayer, reflection, group process, retreats of silence, and spaces to debrief together.
5. Neighborhood/Church: Community involvement by building relationships, expanding our comfort zones through community outreach, and attending neighborhood churches
The cost of housing, food, staffing, and program is $1800.
It is expected that you will find people and churches to financially support your summer mission experience. Money that is given beyond your needs will be used to help the funding needs of other BAYJP students and for BAYJP expenses not covered by the base price. We also expect that you will ask people to pray for you. You can also seek additional support (up to $800 before taxes) for a stipend. If you are interested in raising additional funds for the stipend, you must let us know when you are accepted. For more on raising a stipend, please email the BAYJP director, Silvia Ahn at firstname.lastname@example.org