Spell correctly one-syllable words that have blends, contractions, compounds, ortho-graphic patterns (e.g., qu, consonant doubling, changing the ending of a word from -y to -ies when forming the plural), and common homophones (e.g., hair-hare).
From Mr. Anker Tests
1. The personal trainer at the neighborhood gym showed his trainees how to strengthen ___________ in all parts of their bodies.
2. Herbert's teacher told the class that they had done a ________ job on their last assignment.
3. Umberto has been able to ride a _______ since he was four, when growing up on his grandpa's ranch in New Mexico.
4. It is the strangest mystery of our time that when we put a _________ of socks in the washer, only one ends up coming out of the dryer!
5. The horse handler at the pony rides held onto the _________ as she led young Quincy's horse around the ring.
6. After accidentally throwing his Frisbee™ into the neighbor's yard, Nathan tried to _______ through the hole in the fence to see where it had landed.
7. The butler went down into the wine _______ to get a bottle of 1917 Rothschild Red for Mr.Burns' dinner.
8. The characters in stories that are called Realistic Fiction may not be _______, but the events are ones that could happen.
9. Oscar was a kid who found something he liked and stuck with it. Even when he had dozens of ice cream flavors to choose from, he always picked ________ vanilla!
10. Tom felt _______ after the operation, but couldn't wait until next Sunday to get back out on the golf course with his buddies.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service