Substitute Teacher Training
December 5 and December 11, 2019 8:00 AM - 3:30 PM
Participants will receive a comprehensive introduction to substitute teaching, access to Foundations of Effective Substitute Teacher Training - MasterTeacher Online Courses, and guidance in obtaining a Three-Year Substitute Teacher License. To obtain a certificate of completion, participants must attend fourteen hours of face-to-face interactive training at CESA 11 plus two hours of outside learning.
Training Topics will Include:
1. Basic district and school policies and procedures
2. Age appropriate teaching strategies
3. Discipline, conflict resolution, and classroom management techniques
4. Health and safety issues including handling medical emergencies
5. Techniques for starting a class
6. The culture of schools and the profession
7. Working with lesson plans
8. Educational technology use
9. Working with children with special needs, including confidentiality issues
10. Substitute teacher permit application process
The MasterTeacher Substitute Teacher Online Training is a flexible collection of courses that offers instruction on the fundamental topics substitute teachers must be proficient in to be successful. It offers 24/7 access to 25 self-paced courses on topics like:
• Substitute Teacher Basics
• Classroom Management
• Discipline and Instruction
• First Aid/Emergency
• Reading, Writing and Math
This is a 2-day training. Day 1 training must be attended before Day 2 and BOTH are required.
Cost: (includes registration, materials, and meal)
$230 * Payment is due at time of registration to secure your spot.
Walk-ins will not be permitted.
If possible, please bring your own device. If you do not have a device, please indicate this on the registration and one will be provided for you.
What area(s) would you like to focus on in relationship to substitute teaching?
Check all that apply.
Special Education/ English Language Learners
4K-Elementary Grade Levels
Middle School/High School Grade Levels
Do you have your own device?
Page 1 of 6
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Cooperative Educational Service Agency #11.