House of Peru Queen, Princess & Young Ambassador Program
We are so happy that you have decided to be a member of House of Peru.
Welcome to the House of Peru's Queens, Princess & Young Ambassador Program!
Each young participants will be cultural ambassadors of Peru and representatives of House of Peru (HOP). They will share and promote Peruvian culture through dancing and musical presentations at HOP outreach events via (fundraisers, social service, etc.) or at community service events throughout San Diego county. Our young participants practice and learn traditional Peruvian dances and the meaning behind them from our dance instructor and choreographer, Gayle Minano. The program is free to each queen, princess, and young ambassador.
- The calendar year of the HOP Queen, Princess, or Young Ambassador program shall run from July 1 to June 30.
- The HOP Queen and Princess program is a young ladies program.
- The Young Ambassador program is a young mens program.
- All participants must be between the ages of 7 years through 19 years old on September 1st of each year.
- Participant is expected to remain active throughout the year and participate in all of House of Peru's functions.
- Must be a member in good standing of House of Peru either individually or through family membership.
As a member of House of Peru (HOP) Queen and Princess you have an opportunity to also be part of the House of Pacific Relations (HPR) Queens Organization, representing Balboa Park's International Cottages. Spots are very limited and NOT everyone will have this opportunity. The HPR Queens Organization is an educational, cultural service, non-political, non-sectarian organization for female youth members elected by the various Houses of different nations that make up the House of Pacific Relations (HPR).
HPR Queens Organization Purpose, Objectives:
- To promote a close association with members of all the ethnic groups represented in the HPR.
- To foster a spirit of understanding, tolerance and good will between all race and nationalities, trying to understand each one's culture, customs, background tradition and history.
HPR Queens Organization Member Regulations:
Each House within HPR may select, by election or appointment, one (1) queen, no more than six (6) princesses and/or junior princesses and no more than three (3) pee-wee princesses prior to the last day of August, to serve for one year. Any combination of princesses and junior princesses will be allowed. The queen and princesses from each House must be between the ages of 13 and 19 on September 1st of each year. Junior princesses must be between the ages of 10 and 12 years (under 13) on September 1st of each year. Peewee princesses must be between the ages of 7 and 9 years old on September 1st of each year.