2) Date & Time: Sunday 17th March 2019 - 9.00 am to 6.00 pm (Participants to report by 8.45 am)
3) Venue: Ang Mo Kio Community Centre, 795 Ang Mo Kio Street 22, Singapore 569976). Tele: 64566536
4) Eligibility: Event is open to all. Ladies and girls shall play in the All Women’s Chess Challenge and Men/Boys shall play in the Invitational Chess Challenge. There shall be 3 categories in each Challenge. (A) (i) Open Women (ii) Under-12 Girls (iii) Under 8 Girls. Age as at 1st January 2019(B) (i) Open Invitational (ii) Under-12 Boys (iii) Under 8 Boys. Age as at 1st January 2019
5) Mode of Competition: 7 Rounds using Swiss Manager with 25 minutes for each player to complete the game.
6) Entry Fee: Shall be $ 23.00 per participant (Passion Card Members) and $ 25.00 (Non Passion Card). Veteran Participants shall pay $ 12.00. Para-Participants (disabled) shall have entry fee waived.
7) Cash Prizes & TrophiesTrophies shall be presented to the top 10 winners in each event/Category. Cash Prizes only for the Open Women Category shall be – 1st: $ 150.00; 2nd: $ 100.00; 3rd – 5th: $ 50.00 each. Merit Prizes shall be presented to next best 5 players who are Under 10 and Pre-School age. There shall also be prizes for (a) Seniors – Age 45 to 55 and (b) Veterans – Above 55 (56 and above). Age as at 1st January 2019
8) Closing Date:Sunday 10th March 2019 at 7.00 pm or the first 180 entries. Late entries and entries without payment will not be accepted. Entry Fee paid is non-refundable.
9) In the event of any disputes (outside the Laws of Chess), the organizer’s decision shall be final and no further correspondences shall be entertained. All participants agree not to hold the organizers responsible for any mishaps or injuries incurred arising from their participation in this event.
10) Participants do not have any objection that that photographs and videos taken during the event may be used by the organizers for publicity purposes only.