Wellesley Public Schools (WPS) expects that all members of the school community will treat each other in a civil manner and with respect for differences in accordance with the District’s core values. The WPS does not tolerate bullying or retaliation in school buildings, on school grounds, or at school-related activities. All staff members who witness or become aware of bullying or retaliation must inform the Principal immediately. This form may be used by any member of the community (students, staff, family members, etc.) for reporting bullying or retaliation.
The Principal or his/her designee will investigate all reports of bullying and retaliations, as defined in Massachusetts General Laws Chapter 17, and will take prompt action to end the conduct and restore the alleged target’s sense of safety. For more information, please refer to the WPS Bullying Policy, Prevention and Intervention Plan, available at all schools and on the WPS website: https://wellesleyps.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/Bullying-Policy-revised2014.pdf
When reporting bullying incidents through this form, please also note the following:
• Your confidentiality and trust is very important. We will make every effort to respect your privacy. Please be aware, however, in certain circumstances involving safety or criminal action, we may not be able to guarantee complete anonymity.
• Your submission will be sent to the building principal and/or assistant principal. If you selected Central Office or Other, the submission will be sent to the Superintendent and Director of Human Resources.
• Anyone reporting an incident through this form should provide reliable contact information, so that we may contact you if there is a need for clarification or if additional questions or concerns arise. Also, if you want to receive a copy of your report, you will need to enter an email address in the Background Information section.
STOP! If this is an emergency situation, CALL 911 or the Wellesley Police Department at (781) 235-1212. Do not use this form to report events that present an immediate threat to health or safety.
If you have any questions about filing or completing a report, please contact:
- the school principal for student issues or
- the Human Resources Department for staff issues.