Welcome! We are honored in being a partner on your wellness journey and excited to share, with you, this profound healing art! We are at hand to answer any questions that may come up and are here to support you. Following is some basic information that will help get things started.
• Your first session can last up to 1.5 hours, during which time you have the opportunity to speak at length about your health concerns, questions and goals. Your practitioner will talk with you about your medical and social history and perform a physical exam, which includes pulse and tongue diagnosis. This exam is to evaluate the balance of energy in your body and provides us with information necessary to treat you safely and appropriately. You will also receive an acupuncture treatment once the diagnostic session is complete.
• A series of 11 Subsequent treatments are typically scheduled (see treatment schedule below) These visits will involve the insertion of acupuncture needles sometimes accompanied with the use of an herb called Moxa. Moxa is used on the skin to warm the acupuncture points and nourish the body’s energy (known as Qi). Other treatments may include cupping, Gua-sha, or massage. Your practitioner will select a treatment for the day based on your concerns, goals and pulse readings. Please allow approximately one hour for each of these treatments.
• The acupuncture needles are extremely fine, approximately the thickness of a hair. We use only sterilized, pre-packaged needles that are disposed of after each use. Every individual has a unique interpretation of what the movement of qi by the needles feels like. Some common sensations are tingling, heat, electricity, or tickling. Most patients report little or no discomfort. Generally only four to eight needles are used during each treatment. - For those who decide that the needles are not for them, we gladly offer acupressure and Plant Spirit Medicine as an alternative. Acupressure works by stimulating the points with finger pressure rather than with the needle.
• Acupuncture Treatment Schedule: For the average patient we will do a complete series of 6-12 weekly sessions, after which treatments are slowly spaced out to every other week, every 3 weeks, and so on. Once this series is complete most patients simply come in monthly or seasonally for maintenance treatments.
• All visits are strictly confidential.
• Pricing: The initial Consult, Exam, Diagnosis & Treatment (1.5 hour session) is $160. The follow up sessions (1 hr) are $105. Please pay at the time of your visit. We accept cash, personal checks and Credit Cards. Note: we never turn anyone away for financial reasons. If you are concerned about the cost of treatment I encourage you to speak with your practitioner about it before or during your initial session.
• Regarding insurance - We do accept Flex Spending cards. For general insurance , please check with your provider, if they cover acupuncture, we can provide receipts which you can send to your insurance company for reimbursement. Please ask us for the details.
• If you must cancel an appointment please give 24 - hour notice. The full fee is paid for cancellations made without 24 hours notice. There is no charge for last minute emergency cancellations (i.e. snowy weather) If you need to urgently cancel please call (610) 203-3747.
Do not hesitate to call (610) 203-3747 before your visit or at any time during your treatment.
Please continue below to the Acupuncture Intake form.
We look forward to being a partner on your road to feeling better and even THRIVING! See you soon,Lance, on behalf of all the acupuncturists at Village Wellness. Lance Isakov, M.Ac., L.Ac., DIpl.Ac., CYTAcupuncturist & Founder of Village Wellness(610) 203-3747