To identify a speaker who could speak on behalf of the TAP Network for this opportunity, we’re launching an open nomination process in which you and your organization can apply to represent TAP, where we will put forward your name and organization in this application process by the PGA. To nominate yourself or someone else, please fill out the following google form below. We will need all of this information from TAP nominations in order to sufficiently fill in the PGA's nomination form, so please be as comprehensive as possible when filling out the form.
The TAP Network Steering Committee will take a decision on who TAP will put forward on our behalf, but please keep in mind that if selected by the PGA for this opportunity, you must be willing to take ownership for and deliver TAP’s collective advocacy points if chosen as a speaker, as you would be put forward as a TAP representative. Please note that while this is a funded speaking opportunity through the PGA’s office, if you are put forward on behalf of TAP for this opportunity, it does not mean that you will ultimately be chosen by the PGA as a speaker for this debate, and therefore there will be no funding support available from TAP in this case.
FULL MESSAGE FROM UN-NGLS:
Apply for Stakeholder Speaking Roles or the Selection Committee
By 23 February: Apply for Selection Committee
By 29 February: Apply for Speaking Roles
On Thursday, 21 April 2016 at United Nations Headquarters in New York, the President of the General Assembly H.E. Mogens Lykketoft will convene a High-level Thematic Debate on Achieving the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) to support prompt and inclusive implementation of the 2030 Agenda.
The Thematic Debate will feature a panel discussion on "Action at all levels," which will focus on national responses to implementation of the 2030 Agenda. The panel will include three stakeholder representatives from civil society organizations, non-governmental organizations, and academia.
At the request of the Office of the President of the UN General Assembly (OPGA), the UN Department of Social and Economic Affairs (UNDESA) and UN Non-Governmental Liaison Service (UN-NGLS) are facilitating a process to identify these three speakers.
Travel funding will be available for the speakers selected through this process.
Using the form below, you may apply for a speaking role OR for a Stakeholder Selection Committee that will be facilitated by UN DESA and UN-NGLS for this process.
To apply for either a speaking role or the Selection Committee, you must:
• be a representative of a civil society organization, non-governmental organization or academic institution, and officially authorized by their organization or network to speak on the organization or institution’s behalf;
• have expertise in the post-2015 development agenda process, and national implementation of sustainable development objectives;
• have demonstrated ability to engage constructively with a variety of stakeholders.
To apply for a speaking role, you must also:
• be a compelling public speaker;
• be available to be in New York on 21 April and for travel if necessary;
• have a visa for travel to New York, or is able to obtain one within 4 weeks for travel to New York. (Please check with the US Embassy or Consulate in the your country. The United Nations will provide an invitation letter to the selected candidates to support a Visa application. The selected speakers will be responsible for obtaining the visa for travel and for any costs associated with obtaining the visa.)
The Stakeholder Selection Committee will create a short-list of candidates to present to the Office of the President of the General Assembly for their consideration. The Committee will ensure regional and gender balance, and diversity of age and expertise in the overall set of candidates. The President of the General Assembly will make the final selection of the speakers for this event.
Before applying, please review information about the event here: http://www.un.org/pga/70/events/sdgs/
Applications received may be viewed here: http://bit.ly/21April_PGA_Achieving-SDGs-Apps-Received
In addition, in preparation of this important event, all relevant stakeholders are invited to contribute to the discussions through a dedicated Google form. Contributions will be made available publically to promote engagement and inform the Debate, in particular those from actors not able to be present. Feedback submitted via this form can be viewed here: http://bit.ly/23Ox4Mm
We look forward to receiving your application for a speaking role or the Selection Committee via the form below. Thank you.