Simply submit your current school email address and one lucky teacher will be selected from all qualified entries.
You and your students will enjoy a free day of education. Visit the Joseph Lloyd Manor House in Lloyd Harbor to learn about enslavement and Jupiter Hammon, the first published African-American poet. You can also visit the Sherwood-Jayne Farm in Setauket to learn about the Colonial way of life, the American Revolution, and Big Bill the Tory.
Transportation to and from sites are also included, compliments of Huntington Coach.
The deadline to submit is 12AM EST on Thursday, February 28, 2019. Good luck and thank you teachers for all you do!
2. Employees of Preservation Long Island and their affiliated companies, and advertising and promotion agencies and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren.
3. The contest starts on Friday, February 1, 2019 at 8:00AM EST and all entries must be received by Preservation Long Island by 12AM EST on Thursday, February 28, 2019.
4. On Tuesday, March 5, 2019 one (1) winner will be selected by drawing from among valid entries.
5. One (1) winner will be selected. That winner will receive a free field trip for their class (up to 40 visitors), to Joseph Lloyd Manor House (Lloyd Harbor), and Sherwood-Jayne Farm (Setauket). Visitors must bring their own lunch. A private educational tour will be provided at both locations. A private coach bus provided by Huntington Coach will pick up the students from school and escort them to and from the locations; returning them to school at the end of the day. The field trip date will take place one day between March 11-29, 2019. Specific arrangements will be made with the winning teacher. Estimated value of ~$2,000.00.
6. The winner will be notified by email. Before claiming the prize, the winner must provide his/her name, address, and telephone number to Preservation Long Island at the time of notification. Each winner must show picture identification and proof of employment by a Long Island school to claim prizes. Preservation Long Island reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding the prize based on the identification presented.
7. If a winner cannot be notified within seven (7) days, or does not timely respond, then the prize will be forfeited, and the prize will be awarded to an alternate winner selected from among remaining valid entries.
8. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for any prize except at the sole discretion of Preservation Long Island. Preservation Long Island has the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No transfer or assignment of prizes is allowed.
9. Preservation Long Island is not liable if the provider of any part of the prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize.
10. Preservation Long Island accepts no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded hereunder.
11. In claiming your prize, you acknowledge that Preservation Long Island has the right to publicize winner's name, character, likeness, photograph, voice, and the fact that you are the winner for promotional purposes without financial remuneration.
12. Odds of winning depend on the number of valid entries received.
13. Preservation Long Island cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes, or contest information. Preservation Long Island is not responsible for any computer or electronic malfunction, server unavailability, technological glitch, or human error relating to this contest and/or the use of short-code.
14. Preservation Long Island reserves the right to make rules and contest changes, and change the aforementioned contest dates.
15. By entering this contest, each entrant waives any and all claims of liability against Preservation Long Island and their respective parents, affiliates, officers, directors, employees, and agents for any and all claims, loss, damage, or injury which may occur as a result of entrant’s participation in this contest.