Equipment checkouts will only be made to students enrolled in qualified Digital Arts courses and to those who have special permission from a Digital Arts instructor. As a borrower of Art Department equipment, you are responsible for the safe return of all equipment lent to you. This includes plugs, cords, connectors, software and manuals. You will be charged for the repair or replacement of equipment that is broken or lost while signed out to you.
To avoid problems:
1. DO NOT LEND EQUIPMENT TAKEN OUT UNDER YOUR NAME TO ANYONE ELSE. Your borrowing privileges will be revoked for the semester if you do this.
2. Carefully check that everything that is supposed to be included with the equipment you are borrowing is in the bag or case you are given. A parts checklist will accompany each item.
3. If unsure of how to use equipment ask one of the Digital Arts instructors, TAs, or Takafumi Ide to show you.
4. Return equipment on time. If an emergency will prevent you from returning equipment on time email<firstname.lastname@example.org>.
The location for equipment pick-up and drop-off is room 4244 Staller Center. The office hours will be announced on the door. (or you can check out equipment from instructors during class times). For operational efficiency and accuracy, please make all equipment requests to email@example.com ahead of time and specify:
1) Your name, Stony Brook ID number, and Contact phone number
2) The equipment needed and a brief description of the project you will use it for.
3) One or two preferred dates and times (during the scheduled hours) of pick up.
4) The name of your sponsoring faculty member
5) If your request is for an exhibition, the date the insurance for borrowed equipment should begin.
Make request for exhibition equipment to <strong>firstname.lastname@example.org</strong> well in advance of your exhibition.
Stephanie Dinkins will make the final decisions about equipment to be lent and help you arrange for insurance.
All borrowed equipment MUST BE RETURNED ON OR BEFORE THE DATE DUE <strong>( ONE WEEK ONLY!)</strong>. IF YOU DO NOT RETURN EQUIPMENT ON TIME, POINTS WILL BE ISSUED AGAINST YOUR BORROWING PRIVELDGES. EQUIPMENT HANDED IN 1 DAY LATE WILL RESULT IN 5 POINTS AGAINST YOUR ACCOUNT, 3 DAYS 10 POINTS, AND MORE THAN ONE WEEK 20 POINTS. THE ACCUMULATION OF 30 POINTS MEANS SUSPENSION OF YOUR BORROWING PRIVELDGES FOR THE REST OF THE SEMESTER.
IN THE CASE OF BROKEN, LOST OR STOLEN EQUIPMENT YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO REPAIR OR REPLACE THE ITEM BEFORE BORROWING PRIVILEGES ARE RESTORED. ADDITIONAL ACTIONS MAY BE TAKEN AS WELL.
We highly recommend you to plan ahead and reserve. You may reserve equipment up to 30 days in advance (grads for exhibitions) or 10 days in advance (undergrads with instructors’ permission) by emailing email@example.com You can only sign up for equipment your class/level is authorized to use. Please sign up for the period of time you intend to use it, FROM 1 DAY TO A WEEK. You may have the equipment UP TO 5 BUSINESS DAYS, INCLUDING THE CHECKOUT DAY. This means if you check it out Monday, it is due no later than the next Monday. If you will not be on campus, it must be back Thursday or Wednesday during check in hours the previous week. It is up to you to reserve up until a day you CAN return it. You can return it earlier, but not later than the amount of time you committed to on the sign-out sheet (even if it is still within the overall allowed time). Someone else needs to be able to reserve and know they can get the equipment. If no one has requested the equipment, it is possible to extend your reservation one week only via email and only certain items. After that time the equipment must be returned.
<strong>VIOLATIONS WILL BE REFERRED TO THE ACADEMIC JUDICIARY AND/OR THE CAMPUS POLICE FOR ACTION.</strong>