Native Health Initiative-Internships
Loving Service: the human-to-human element of wanting to serve others.
Select the Internship you are applying for:
Any questions - please email
or call 505-340-5656
Spring 2020 Internship (01/27-05/09) **DUE BY February 4th, 2019***
Indigenous Health Leadership Institute (04/03-04/05) **DUE BY February 14th**Once accepted, registration fee
Summer Health Justice Internship - (Tentative: 06/20-07/26) **DUE By March 5th**
PART I: CONTACT INFORMATION
Name (First and Last Name):
What best describes you?
Prefer to self-describe
What is your Ethnicity/n/Nationality?
PART II: Community Experience
1. Describe at least 2-3 experiences you have had while working/volunteering in the efforts to improve the health of a community. (Provide your role in the efforts, specific projects you worked on, and what you learned from these experiences).
PART III: Talents, Skills ,and Knowledge
1. How comfortable do you feel working with others (and are you a team player)?
2. What skills or talents do you have to offer NHI? (i.e. CPR, First Aid, Grant Writing, Poetry, Music, Dance, etc and these do not have to pertain to health)
PART IV: Addressing inequities in health through Loving Service.....
1. How do you share love with the world and people around you on a daily basis?
2. When you hear "loving service" what do you feel/think?
3. How would you define "health justice?
4. What do you think of the notion that health inequities can be address through loving service?
5. What do you think are the biggest injustices/inequities in the U.S. healthcare system?
If you are only applying for IHLI and/or Internship, SKIP to PART VI: Fun Questions
PART V: Logistics while serving others this summer....
1. This year 2020, our main internship sites are in New Mexico...Any additional things we should know?
2. During the 5 week summer internship (choose one):
I prefer to stay with a host family, if available
I prefer to stay with other volunteers (outside of the tribal community)
I have no preference in terms of my living arrangements
3. Additional things we should know about you.. what are your eating restrictions (gluten-free,vegetarian,)? What are your allergies? Do you have any medical conditions we should be aware of?
4. Will you have a vehicle this summer? (note: does not affect whether you are accepted or not, but will help NHI determine placement.)
PART VI: FUN QUESTIONS (the most important part of the application):
1. If a woodchuck could chuck all of the wood they could chuck, what is the most likely diagnosis and why?
Thank you for your submission!
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service