Thank you for your interest in ISF. We are a non-profit organization committed to changing the lives of our students through education, mentoring and leadership training.
The Mission of ISF is to transform orphaned or former foster care students into tomorrow’s leaders by providing assistance so that they may pursue their dreams of higher education.
ISF scholarship recipients receive financial assistance to help attend college. They are also partnered with a personal mentor to work with them through their journey. They also receive the benefits of leadership training through ISFprograms.
- Can demonstrate that they were orphaned or in foster care and are not currently adopted or supported by a parent or legal guardian.
- Are of strong moral character and are willing to learn.
- Are planning or applying to be a full time undergraduate student for the 2019-2020 school year.
- Have and are able to maintain a GPA of 2.5 or greater.
- Are 23 years of age or less on March 31 of the year of application.
- Have submitted the FAFSA application 2018-2019 school year.
- Are willing to commit to a mentoring program of twice monthly phone conversations with assigned ISF mentor.
- Demonstrate a commitment to personal growth and leadership development. ISF selects students each year to attend a -Leadership and Life Skills retreat and/or participate in a mission trip.
- Obtain your most recent transcript and proof of FAFSA submission
- Take a decent quality digital photo of yourself
- Obtain documentation or a letter confirming your status in foster care or as a ward of the state prior to 18 years of age.
- Obtain your Student Financial Award letter from your school. (if not currently available this can be provided later)
- Ask a teacher or another adult to provide a recommendation letter
- Scan all of this into your computer.
- E-mail all the above to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please put “New Student Application – Your Name” in the subject line.
Payments are distributed as follows
- Half of annual award is available in August of 2018. Fall schedule indicating full time status is required for disbursement.
- Second half of annual award is available in January 2019, provided academic transcripts from fall of 2017 show student in good full time standing and maintaining 2.5 overall GPA, and student shows Spring 2018 schedule indicating a full time course load and a positive report from his or her mentor.
Please feel to e-mail me with any questions or concerns at any time during this process: email@example.com.
Thank you for your interest! I look forward to hearing from you!