LACE 2020 Conference Proposal
You are invited to submit your proposal(s) for break out sessions during the LACE 2020 Virtual Conference. We are particularly excited to receive submissions that fit within the following topics:
* Administration: Assessment and strategic planning; graduating student outcomes data and reporting; staffing-related topics; creative funding solutions; tapping into local higher education and counseling programs to help support your staff/operations; how to present your qualitative successes in addition to your quantitative successes; mentoring and developing programs and administrative staff members
* Career Advising/Counseling: Emerging career fields; career counseling/coaching certifications; self-assessment tools; innovative career advising techniques or career development theories; job search (basics and advanced strategies); positive counseling/advising techniques; LinkedIn (new changes and innovative techniques for helping students); MOOCs (Massively Open Online Courses) and their potential role in career advising; senior/graduation-related programming; virtual site visits with employers; connecting with students during summer orientation; providing distance career counseling using online software tools that are FERPA compliant
* Diversity & Inclusion: Shifting our focus towards diverse and special populations; building equity amongst staff and students; creating inclusive elements in our services and advocating for diverse student populations; changing, realignment and adjusting recruiting to provide greater access to opportunities
* Employer: Technologies available to companies for recruiting; international hiring best practices; diversity outreach best practices; social media to reach passive candidates; best practices for networking with colleges (what works/what doesn't); leadership; recruiting and on-boarding different generations; recruitment in the digital age – recognizing the impact of technology with over-stimulated students; attracting talent to relocate in partnership with local-area Chambers of Commerce
* Employer Relations: Employer development vs. employer relations; database management/CRM technology; relationship development sales models; legal issues in HR; policies; leveraging relationships across departments at a university; leveraging alumni post-graduation; broadening the scope of international recruitment; strategic planning for long-term, sustainable employer partnerships; recruiting where you are—the power of the local economy
* Experiential Education: MOOCs (Massive Open Online Courses); effective cost-cutting strategies for intern/co-op offices; successfully merging co-op/intern and career center offices; Co-op vs. Intern: Pros, Cons, Measurements of Success; international internships; experiential education for international students; unpaid internships
* Alumni Career Services: The non-academic job search for grad students; marketing research skills for industry; the emotional transition from academic to non-academic career prospects for grad students; assisting alumni career changers; Alumni Association partnership opportunities; engaging your student placement successes for recruitment wins, know your campus’s rock star graduates
* Technology: MOOCs; LinkedIn best practices; technology best practices panel; resources for international students; mobile recruiting and social recruiting; Skype/Facetime/other remote interviewing/counseling tools, Handshake and our career service platforms, best practices for virtual recruitment/student engagement opportunities
* Two-Year Colleges: Developing career planning courses for two-year programs; career advising for military and veteran students; experiential learning for two-year programs (interning, vocational training); building working relationships with local college/university career services; leveraging training for workforce development through Chamber partnerships
Please complete the form below before May 31, 2020 to be considered.
Brief Session Abstract:
Session Learning Objectives:
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service