Adult Education Needs Assessment
Thank you for your feedback. The purpose of this survey is to gauge the needs of Nantucket's adult population as to which types of educational offerings would be beneficial and how organizations like the Nantucket Community School and the Linda Loring Nature Foundation can best suit those needs.
1) Have you participated in any adult education programming on island previously?
Unsure/ Can't remember
2) If you answered Yes to Question 1, which organization(s) offered the programming?
3) What are the perceived barriers that may prevent you from participating in an Adult Program? (please check all that apply)
Program is too expensive
Program occurs at a bad time for my schedule
Program is at a hard to access location
Program offerings do not interest me
Inadequate technology or WiFi to access online programming
4) What days of the week would you be most likely to participate in programming? (please check all that apply)
5) What times of the day work best for you? (please check all that apply)
6) What type of programs interest you? (please check all that apply)
Field Trips/Outdoor programs
Professional licensure training
7) What curriculum areas interest you? (please check all that apply)
Science/Nature (hands-on exploration, Citizen science, gardening & plant programs, birding, walking tours)
Arts/Music/Entertainment (dance, instrument lessons, voice lessons, visual arts)
Licensure (CPR, food service, GED, teacher license credits, trades, health care, pesticides)
Computer and Business Skills (Quickbooks, Excel, fundraising, marketing, programming)
Family and Behavioral Health (addiction awareness, raising children, elder care, learning differences)
English as a Second Language
Athletics and outdoor recreation (tennis, swimming, pickle ball, hunting and fishing classes)
Pet owner training
Boating and marine skills
Finance (Budgeting, taxes, investing, home ownership)
Culinary (baking, cooking , recipe exchange)
8) What class format do you prefer? (please check all that apply)
In-person classes indoors for more than one class meeting
In-person classes outdoors for more than one class meeting
Online or Digital classes for more than one class meeting
Workshops (one extended session on a topic)
Hybrid classes in which meetings occur in both in person and digitally
9) What would you be willing to pay to participate in a one-time program, such as a lecture, presentation, or tour? (please check all that apply)
It must be free
More than $100
10) What would you be willing to pay to participate in a program that has a series of sessions? Examples include a week-long seminar, class with multiple meetings, or conference. (please check all that apply)
It must be free
More than $500
Send me a copy of my responses.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Linda Loring Nature Foundation.