Physical Education BA 5th Grade
1. Which of these activities shows muscular strength?
a. Turning quickly
b. Running fast for a long period of time
c. Touching your toes
d. Moving a heavy weight
2. Which of these activities is BEST for strengthening your heart and lungs?
c. Doing sit-ups
d. Playing video games
3. Changing directions while playing a game/activity is...
4. Stretching exercises are MOST important because they help to...
a. Increase Flexibility and avoid injury
b. Increase Endurance
c. Increase strength
d. Increase cardio
5. Crab walking across the gym works...
a. Muscular strength
d. Muscular endurance
6. Which of the following is NOT a part of a healthy meal (My Plate)
d. sugary snack
7. John has been eating sugary snacks and sitting around for hours watching television. Which of these would be the most healthful thing for him to do?
a. Take a brisk walk
b. Play video games
c. Talk on the phone
d. Read a book
8. Tom and Colby are trying to keep a beach ball up in the air. They need to use...
a. Independent work
b. Cooperation and communication skills
c. Scream at each other
d. Out of control movements
9. Shawn notices that Sally is having difficulty throwing. Which of the following is NOT a correct throwing mechanic?
a. Step forward with the opposite foot
b. Step forward with the same foot
c. Rotate/turn towards your target
d. Follow through by pointing towards the target
10. Which BEST demonstrates successful cooperation regardless of cultural or other differences?
a. Luis refuses to work with a group of girls
b. Kenny refuses to allow a new student, who doesn't speak his language, to join his group.
c. Heather is friendly and always tries to work well with others
d. Allyiah often tells other students, 'No, you can't join our group.'
11. In basketball, when defense is guarding you, what do you want to do with your dribble?
a. Make it higher
b. Keep it the same
c. Make it lower
d. Kick it
12. Samantha is new to playing soccer. What does she need to do to improve her skills?
a. Don't practice at all
b. Practice only in PE class
c. Practice once a week at home
d. Practice more than once a week
13. When a team in floor hockey does NOT have possession or control of the puck/ball and they are attempting to keep the other team from scoring, this is called...
d. Aerobic capacity
14. Choose the BEST answer. When dribbling a soccer ball, you should...*
a. Keep the ball close to your feet
b. Kick the ball far our in front of you
c. Kick it out of bounds
d. Kick it to the defense
15. Throwing or kicking into an open space is an example of...
a. Game strategy
b. Cardiovascular fitness
c. Skill assessment
16. Which of the following actions are necessary when moving smoothly from one jump rope skill to another?
c. Smooth transitions
d. All of the above
17. Ivan wants to improve his upper body strength. Which two things should he consider?
a. Playing video games and snacking
b. Doing push-ups and pull-ups
c. Doing sit-ups and running
d. Doing push-ups and studying
18. A classmate has been teasing Jon because he can't make a basket in Physical Education class. Which of the following would be the BEST thing for Jon to say to let the classmate know how he feels?
a. 'You can't make a basket either'
b. 'You're mean.'
c. 'I don't like you teasing me.'
d. 'I'm smarter than you.
19. When a receiver runs a route and catches a football pass at their chest, his/her fingers should be pointed...
20. What are some strategies to use to improve your health?
a. FITT Principle
b. Exercise with a friend
c. Listen to music while exercising
d. All of the above
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Iredell-Statesville Schools.