FAQS: Before completing the submission form, please read the submission rules carefully. To assure that your submission is complete, please make sure that you meet the following requirements:
1) You must be a female between the ages of 13-35 currently residing in New York. Washington, DC is our only National Submission event location. All SheROCKS pop-up tour stops in cities outside of Washington, DC will be open to local visual and performing artists ONLY.
2) You must submit the following items for your submission to be considered complete: A) At least one current headshot or professional photo B) Links to your work (Video, MP3 files, online portfolio). You can provide links, or email to email@example.com. C) Provide artist media kit, or link to your website, and links to your social media profiles. If you have only one of these three items, it will still be accepted.
3) You must be a female in visual or performing arts. The art categories are provided within the submission form.
4) Artists must submit the submission form and all files unable to be linked to this form via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Submissions of files to any other email without a complete submission form will not be considered.
5) Only 7 artists will be selected for this year's showcase. Submissions close August 29th, 2018 at 3pm.
FAQSIs travel or compensation provided to showcased artists? No, the SheROCKS platform was created to provide emerging indie artists the opportunity to receive exposure, access to an increased audience-based, access to industry influencers, industry education, and maximize opportunities for coverage. We do provide small grants to one showcased artist to contribute to their goals. This grant is called the Artist Fund Initiative. We also offer each showcased artist VIP Gifting, Food, a fully stocked VIP suite, Performance Space, Shared Artist Reception Area for promo and Merch, Artists Swag Bags, all attendee event perks, and one complimentary guest ticket to the event.
Are men invited too? Yes, this is a family-friendly event. Men attend this event annually.
When will selected artists be announced? Selected artists will be announced on August 31st, 2018.
Please feel free to contact us with any additional questions. You will receive a confirmation email if you have met all of the requirements listed above.
PERFORMANCE ARTS: Singer/Songwriter, Rapper, Dancer, Poet, Musician and Actress.