A. Statement of Faith: The Churches of God, General Conference, Summary Statement of Faith
Taken from p. 6. “We Believe,” Copyright 2014 by the Churches of God, General Conference. Printed in the United States of America. Used by permission.
1. We believe that the Bible is the divinely inspired Word of God, the only infallible rule of faith and practice.
2. We believe in one God, eternally existent in three persons – Father, Son, and Holy Spirit – one in essence and community.
3. We believe in God the Father, the almighty Creator of heaven and earth.
4. We believe that Jesus Christ our Lord is the Word made flesh – fully God and fully man. We believe he was conceived by the Holy Spirit, was born of the virgin Mary, lived a sinless life, was crucified, died and was buried, rose again on the third day, and ascended into heaven.
5. We believe in the divinity of the Holy Spirit, who indwells the believer. The Holy Spirit convicts of sin, enables the believer to live a holy life, comforts, teaches, and bestows spiritual gifts.
6. We believe humanity is created in the image of God, has fallen into sin, and can be born again by the Spirit, justified freely by grace, and saved through the atoning work of Jesus Christ alone.
7. We believe that the Church is the body of Christ, the people of God, whose mission is to make disciples of all nations and to be salt and light in the world.
8. We believe baptism, the Lord’s supper, and feetwashing to be ordinances of the Church.
9. We believe in the return of Jesus Christ, the resurrection of the body, the final judgment, everlasting life, and the new heavens and new earth.