This is our first year and we will be trying out different types of trainings for leaders and new organizing staff, but the main focus will be about developing the skills on how to build a base of leaders within our working class neighborhoods of color who can take action and move our organizing strategies within our city.
This is about the power of building the field and doing base building as the foundation of our organizing strategy. We need to get on the same page around the concrete steps it takes to build a base, move a base and build up our people--regardless of the issues we are taking on.
If you are interested in participating in the first Organizing School Pilot, there are 5 things you need to know:
1) You MUST be willing and able to do outreach in the neighborhood (we are talking about serious doorknocking folks);
2) The majority of the trainings will be in English but we are working with a team of allies for both translation and interpretation support. We encourage everyone to apply and we will work with you on this
3) We will only be accepting participants from groups at this time, but we will still be engaging with partners outside Boston to help us build this work out;
4) We will provide a stipend to support grassroots leaders who want to participate in the organizing school;
5) New organizing staff who want to participate in the organizing school should talk to their organization first because there will be a significant time commitment with different cycles, and we want to make sure each person is fully supported by their organization.
If you are ready to get down and get serious about base-building, please fill out the information below: