Sou’West Nova Transit Association exists to door-to-door, accessible transportation options to Shelburne County residents who would most benefit from this service. Specifically this includes seniors and those facing medical, mobility, or economic challenges.
Because of the distances our clients often need to travel, volunteer drivers using their own vehicles are the life‐blood of this organization – it would not run without them! Our volunteer drivers...
- use their own vehicles (reimbursed for mileage (38c/km) & meals!)
- are screened, trained, insured and supported
- can accept drives that fit with their schedules (no minimum)
- can choose to stay local or travel as far as the Valley/Halifax
- must hold 2 million liability insurance on their personal vehicles and have the blessing of their insurance company to participate as a volunteer
If you are an excellent driver with a clean driving record who loves to meet new people and puts others at ease with your kind, positive and caring demeanor, we’d love to receive your application! (Note that later stages of our screening include an RCMP with vulnerable sector check, drivers abstract, and child abuse registry check. If you have any concerns about your eligibility, please email email@example.com first to discuss!)
The application process may seem daunting to some, but the steps of our screening are a reflection of our commitment to the safety and security of our clients and volunteers, and reflect industry standard policies and the requirements of our insurance company. Thank you for your patient and understanding participation in this process! If your application shows that you meet our volunteering criteria and we have any positions available, we will contact you about the "next steps"!