Consent And Release From Liability Form
Membership Year 2020
Activity, as used herein, shall include any organized, supervised or authorized rowing activities, on or off the water, which a member or guest of Great Salt Lake Rowing (GSLR) or an affiliated group may engage in.
Persons age 18 and over, complete PART A only.
Persons under age 18 must sign PART A, and have a parent or guardian sign PART B.
PART A- CONSENT AND RELEASE FROM LIABILITY In Consideration of being given the opportunity to participate in any Great Salt Lake Rowing ("Club") activities ("Activity") until the end of this calendar year, I, for myself, my personal representatives, assigns, heirs, and next of kin:
1. ACKNOWLEDGE, agree and represent that I understand the nature of rowing Activities, both on water and land based, and that I am qualified, in good health and in proper physical condition to participate in such Activity.
2. FULLY UNDERSTAND that: (a) ROWING ACTIVITIES INVOLVE RISKS AND DANGERS of serious bodily injury, including permanent disability, paralysis and death and property damage ("Risks"); (b) these Risks and dangers may be caused by my own actions, or inactions, the actions or inactions of others participating in the Activity, the condition in which the Activity takes place, or the negligence of the Releases named below; (c) there may be other risks and social and economic losses either not known to me or not readily foreseeable at this time; and I FULL Y ACCEPT AND ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS AND ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR LOSSES, COSTS, AND DAMAGES, (whether to myself, other persons or property damage) I incur as a result of my participation in the Activity.
3. AGREE AND WARRANT that I will examine and inspect each Activity in which I take part as a member of the Club and that, if I observe any condition which I consider to be unacceptably hazardous or dangerous, I will notify the proper authority in charge of the Activity and will refuse to take part in the Activity until the condition has been corrected to my satisfaction.
4. HEREBY RELEASE, discharge, and covenant not to sue US Rowing, Utah State Parks, the Club, their administrators, directors, agents, officers, volunteers and employees, other participating regatta organizers, any sponsors, advertisers, and if applicable, owners and lessors of premises on which the Activity takes place, (each is considered one of the Releases herein) from all liability, claims, demands, losses, or damages (including these for bodily injury, death, or property damage) on my account caused or alleged to be caused in whole or in part by the negligence of the Releases or otherwise, including negligent rescue operations; and I further agree that if, despite this release and waiver of liability, assumption of risk, and indemnity agreement, I, or anyone on my behalf, makes a claim against any of the Releases, I WILL INDEMNIFY, SAVE, AND HOLD HARMLESS each of the Releases from any litigation expenses, including, attorney fees and costs, loss, liability, damage, or cost which any may occur as a suit of such claim.
5. I acknowledge and understand that photographs of me may be taken during practices, club events, regattas and at other club sponsored activities. I do hereby consent and authorize the publication and use of such photographs on the club's advertising, promotional, and other materials, including but not being limited to, the club's newsletter, website, picture board, etc.
I have read this agreement, fully understand its terms, understand that I have given up substantial rights by signing it and have signed it freely and without any inducement or assurance of any nature and intend it to be a complete and unconditional release of all liability to the greatest extent allowed by law and agree that if any portion of this agreement is held to be invalid, the balance, notwithstanding, shall continue in full force and effect.