Call for Proposals - CPA 2020 Annual Conference
Are you innovating, creating new approaches, finding new resources and strategies? If so, submit a proposal to present a workshop at California Placement Association's 2020 Annual Conference.
Deadline to submit Proposals is October 25th, 2019.
It is the intent of the Conference Planning Committee to design the conference workshops to meet the needs of: newcomers to the field, experienced practitioners, two- and four-year institutions, government agencies, non-profit organizations, human resource professionals, and professionals in recruitment, human resources, talent management, and related fields.
*** The selection committee recommends highly engaging and interactive presentations!
• Most workshop sessions are one hour
• Popular sessions may be repeated
• Workshops will be held in meetings rooms set up in theater style unless alternative seating requested
• Presenters should prepare handouts for all conference attendees
• If attending other workshops, workshop presenters must register for the conference.
YOUR POTENTIAL AUDIENCE:
Your audience may contain any of the following roles: Employment & career professionals in the areas of employment services, job development/placement, one-stop centers, disability services, human resources, and recruitment. Professionals attending CPA conferences typical represent 2yr CA Community Colleges, 4yr UC/CSU’s/Private, Government, Non-Profit, and other Agencies/Organizations.
TOPICS WE'RE SEEKING:
* Recruitment & Screening Trends * Strong Workforce * Regional approaches *Personal Development and Stress Management *Resume Writing *Multiculturalism/Diversity in the Workplace *21st Century Employability Skills *Social Networking *Candidate Mining on the Internet *Barriers to Employment *How to Motivate and Stay Motivated *Job Placement Tracking/Outcomes *Job Retention *Best Practices in Placement of Individuals with Disabilities *Labor Market Information *Work-Based Learning/Internships *Online Applications/Resumes *Employment Law *Clean or Green Jobs – Recruitment/Placement *Job Development *Job Placement *WIOA *Interviewing Techniques *One-Stop Shops *Student Learning, Assessment, and Outcomes *Professional Etiquette *Trends in Technology affecting job seekers *Coaching Students/Clients Entering Future Job Market *Nuts and Bolts of Job Placement *Trends in Technology for Career Services Offices *Working with Veterans
All submitted proposals will be reviewed by the Conference Program Committee. You will be notified if your proposal was accepted or not by the Conference Chair.
Presenters may be responsible to provide technology and equipment for their session including: laptop, projector, slide clicker, speakers, etc.
Page 1 of 3
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service