YJP Executive Board Applications 2019
Thank you for your interest in running for an Executive Committee position for YJP 2019!
Below and on the next page (pages 1-2) you will find a brief description of each executive board position, as well as the general qualifications we are looking for.
On pages 3-4, you will be asked to complete a short list of questions before being re-directed to the Executive Board application pages.
-You MUST be at least 24 years old by January 1, 2019 to apply for any Position.
If you have any questions, please email
The primary duties of the Director of Finance shall include, but not be limited to:
● Tracking and maintaining YJP’s finances (expenditures and revenue) in accordance to JAINA’s guidelines,
including, but not limited to:
○ Monthly recurring payments; and
○ Budgets for regional retreats/national conventions
● Actively supporting the Regional Coordinators in planning events/regional retreats by (for example)
reviewing contracts with the Co-Chairs, negotiating discounts with vendors (if applicable) and helping
budget overall expenses (e.g., food, session materials, registration prices);
● Working with JAINA in issuing YJP’s checks to owed parties for items including retreat expenses; general
expenses; and convention expenses.
● Reimbursing Executive Board members for items including: approved travel expenses; approved retreat
expenses; and approved general expenses.
● Delivering reports on the status of YJP’s finances to the Co-Chairs every Quarter.
● Seeking innovative ways to make YJP financially self-sufficient;
● Initiating and coordinating fundraising projects with Executive Board members and Local Representatives
from various sanghs and regions;
● Creating and maintaining a list of fundraising projects for the year with specific goals and deadlines;
● Reviewing list(s) of previous fundraising projects to determine successes and suggests improvements;
● Creating and/or expanding on a consolidated YJP donor database;
● Locating Jain friendly organizations willing to partner at YJP’s events;
● Developing long term relationships with businesses and organizations that share Jain values; and
● Identifying areas of saving resources by utilizing JAINA’s non-profit status.
Public Relations Director
The primary duties of the Director of Public Relations include, but not be limited to:
● Providing content with the website and working closely with the Technology Director to make sure it is
properly and timely uploaded.
● Coordinate professional spotlight interviews by initiating contact with potential interviewees, performing the
interview, and promoting the interview on various digital platforms.
● Develop LinkedIn strategy including relevant topics for discussion, job postings from businesses and
increasing number of group members.
● Developing Facebook and Twitter strategies.
● Developing new ways to reach membership and initiatives to energize membership
● Working closely with the Regional Coordinators to create graphics and fliers to promotes events.
● Creating advertising materials for projects and activities, including following established brand guidelines
● Submitting content on all social media
The primary duties of the Director of Public Communications shall include, but not be limited to:
● Managing the newsletter process and its publication, including:
○ Having access to and know how to use MailChimp
○ Having access to and know how to use LucidPress
○ Gathering and editing content, including articles, recipes, stories, event recaps, photos
● Producing targeted emails using MailChimp
● Creating Facebook events, Google Forms for RSVPs, and collages for all regional events
● Recording minutes during monthly Board meetings and sending them to the Advisory Board
Page 1 of 4
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Jaina.org.
Terms of Service