Sisters Rise Up Interest Form
We are currently accepting applications for a free online mentorship program for women of color who are taking an Advanced Placement Computer Science A course (CSA or CSP) during the 2021-2022 school year. This program is part of a research project, Sisters Rise Up, which studies ways to help women of color succeed in AP CS. It offers free remote help sessions led by undergraduate students from the University of Michigan. Two one-hour remote help sessions are offered most weeks and a two-three hour remote help session is offered once a month. If you take the AP CS exam and send in your score by the end of August you will receive a $100 gift card. For more information email
Some important points for you to consider before you indicate your interest:
1. Students must be taking AP CSA or AP CSP during the 2021 - 2022 academic year.
2. Students MUST be women/girls who identify as Black/African American, Hispanic/Latina, and/or Native American.
3. Students will need access to a computer and an internet connection during the year.
4. Students will be asked to fill out surveys regarding their attitudes towards computing and tests to measure their computer science knowledge. Students may also be asked to participate in interviews or focus groups as part of the evaluation of this project.
5. Should you not be selected to participate in the study, any information you provided to us will be destroyed.
If you'd like to participate in this program, please enter your parent/guardian's contact information so that, if you are eligible, they can enroll you. They will receive an email from Dr. Barbara Ericson (
) with the form to determine your eligibility.
Sign in to Google
to save your progress.
What is your parent/guardian's first name?
What is your parent/guardian's last name?
What is their email? *
What is their phone number?
What is your parent/guardian's preferred title/prefix?
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of University of Michigan.