Security Officer Sign-Up
Each UHMIS Participating Organization should have at least one person designated as a Security Officer.
Security Officers are responsible for several items for the Agency, including:
1. Acts as the primary contact for the UHMIS Lead Agency to the Agency, for any UHMIS related issues and UHMIS Monitoring. UHMIS issues could include data cleanup, system setup, and security breaches.
2. Support the UHMIS Lead Agency in the annual recertification process.
A. Ensuring all necessary staff complete the recertification by January 1 annually.
B. Providing suggested subjects by September 1 annually.
3. Keep a list of users allowed access to the Agency in UHMIS, and notify the UHMIS Lead Agency within two business days to deactivate access for any users that no longer require access.
4. Review the UHMIS Standard Operating Procedures, and ensure the Agencies HMIS Policies and Procedures comply with all approved UHMIS Policy documents.
5. Handle UHMIS security breaches at the agency level, acting as the primary contact for agency staff if a breach occurs, then reporting any security breaches of UHMIS to the UHMIS Lead Agency. Additional information regarding security breaches and what should be reported is contained in the UHMIS Standard Operating Procedures.
6. Collects feedback from the Agency regarding UHMIS use, functionality, and desired items and reports it back to the UHMIS Lead Agency.
7. Sign the End-User Agreement for new agency staff training to use the database (Agency directors may also sign the new end-user agreement).
The UHMIS Steering Committee, in collaboration with the UHMIS Lead Agency, is currently developing a new UHMIS Standard Operating Procedures document, within it, the Agency Security Officer role has been better defined. The list of duties provided may change as this document is developed.
Agencies may change its designated Security Officer at any time; however, it should inform the UHMIS Lead Agency either by filling out this form or by emailing the team at
when the Security Officer changes for the Agency.
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions or concerns.
Sign in to Google
to save your progress.
Please select your Agency
Asian Association of Utah
Bear River Association of Governments
Canyon Creek Women's Crisis Center
Catholic Community Services
Center for Women and Children in Crisis
Community Action Services & Food Bank
Davis Behavioral Health
Department of Workforce Services
Family Promise - Salt Lake
Family Support Center
First Step House
Five County Association of Governments
Food & Care Coalition
Fourth Street Clinic
Friends Against Family Violence
Golden Spike Outreach
Homeless Veterans Fellowship
Housing Authority of Salt Lake City
Housing Authority of Utah County
Housing Connect (HACSL)
Iron County Care & Share
Lantern House (St. Anne's Center)
Moab Valley Multicultural Center
New Hope Crisis Center
New Horizons Crisis Center
Ogden Housing Authority
Ogden-Weber Community Action Partnership
Open Doors (FCC)
Problems Anonymous Action Group
Provo City Housing Authority
Sacred Circle Healthcare
Salt Lake City Police Department
Salt Lake County Division of Youth Services
Shelter The Homeless
Six County Association of Governments
Southeastern Association of Governments
St. George Housing Authority
Switchpoint (St. George City)
The INN Between
The Road Home
Tooele County Housing Authority
U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
Uintah Basin Association of Governments
Utah Community Action (SLCAP)
Utah County Department of Drug and Alcohol Prevention and Treatment
Utah Non Profit Housing Corporation
Valley Behavioral Health
Volunteers of America
Wasatch Mental Health
Weber County Housing Authority
Weber Human Services
Your Community Connection
Youth Futures Shelter Home
Other (UHMIS Lead Agency will contact you)
Security Officer Name
Security Officer Email
Security Officer Phone Number
Please identified who approved this person as the agency security officer.
For example, the agency Executive Director, Board of Directors, or other appropriate person within the organization has approved the change. Agencies are structured differently, and how persons are designated as a security officer may also vary.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of State of Utah.