Catholic Quiz - July/August 2018
Test your Catholic knowledge by taking this quiz from Parable Magazine.
By Mary Jane Silvia
1. What does incense symbolize?
a. The Holy Spirit
b. Our prayer rising to God
2. What is the ornamental locked box that holds the consecrated hosts?
a. A sanctuary
b. A sacristy
c. A reliquary
d. None of the above
3. Jesus is truly present at Mass in:
a. The Proclaimed Word
b. The gathered assembly and the person of the priest
c. The Sacrament of the Eucharist
d. All of the above
4. What do we call the miraculous change by which Roman Catholics and Eastern Orthodox Christians believe the bread and wine become the body and blood of Christ while keeping the appearance of bread and wine?
5. When passing in front of the tabernacle in church, the most appropriate gesture is to:
b. Make the Sign of the Cross
6. Where does a parish keep the Blessed Oils used in sacraments?
a. In a locked closet
b. In an ambry
c. In the rectory
d. In the narthex
7. Which of the following solemnities falls on August 15?
a. Solemnity of Saints Peter and Paul
b. Solemnity of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary
c. Solemnity of the Ascension of Our Lord into Heaven
d. Solemnity of the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service