Shivanga Sadhana 2021, Gents registration form
This form is for participants residing in US and Canada only. Residents of Europe should visit
Regular shipping has closed. Expedited shipping will close on Jan 25, 2021. It will close earlier if the kits get sold out.
Online Initiation: Jan 28, 2021
Online Culmination: Mar 11, 2021
Initiation details - Jan 28, 2021
Initiation will be facilitated online during the following time slots. You can attend any one of them. (Note: convert to your local timezone accordingly)
9:00 - 10:30 am CST
11:00 am - 12:30 pm CST
6:00 - 7:30 pm CST
8:00 - 9:30 pm CST
The link to join the initiation will be sent to you by email the day before the initiation. Please check your Spam folder in case you do not find the email in your inbox. Please do not share the webinar link with others.
1) Please watch this orientation video -
prior to the initiation, as a preparation.
2) Please maintain an empty stomach condition for the initiation, that is 4 hours after a full meal, 2.5 hours after a light snack, and 1.5 hours after a beverage (other than water).
3) Make sure you have taken a shower before initiation.
4) It is preferred to wear light colored clothing for the initiation.
Please have all your kit items ready with you during the initiation.
In the event that you do not receive your kit before the initiation, please purchase a black, cotton cloth of size 3x18 inches from a local store. When you receive the kit, you can wear the Shivanga mala (around your neck).
1. Purchase Shivanga kit from:
First time participants will need the kit with the Shivanga mala.
Repeat participants who already have the mala can order the kit without it.
Repeat participants who don't have the mala should order the kit with the mala.
You will also need neem powder/capsules and herbal bathing powder for the Sadhana.
2. Submit this form with the invoice# from the purchase. Registration is invalid without a valid invoice number.
This form must be submitted for each participant. Successful registration requires purchasing the kit and submitting this form.
The day before the initiation (Jan 28, 2021), you will receive instructions for the initiation webinar by email.
The day before the culmination (Mar 11, 2021), you will receive instructions for the culmination webinar by email.
Shivanga Sadhana Guidelines
- The Shivanga kit is needed for the sadhana. You can order this kit from Isha Life.
- It is mandatory to wear the Shivanga mala/pendant during this period even if you are already wearing a Rudraksha mala. You need not remove other malas if any. If you wish to, you can wear the Shivanga mala after the culmination as well.
- Participants will be initiated into the Shiva Namaskar practice and the appropriate mantras.
- Shiva Namaskar should be done with devotion 21 times a day, either before sunrise or after sunset on an empty stomach. It will take 12-15 minutes to complete all the cycles. If you're doing other Isha practices, start with the Shiva Namaskar.
- It is optional for the Shivangas to travel to the Dhyanalinga, India for culmination on Mahashivarathri.
- Shower/bath should be taken twice a day. Herbal bathing powder (snanam podi) can be used instead of soap.
- In the morning, prepare and consume the following mixture: soak 8-10 peppercorns along with 2 or 3 Vilva or Neem leaves in honey. Also, soak a handful of groundnuts in water overnight. In the morning, on an empty stomach, chew the leaves. If you don't have leaves, you may purchase neem powder or capsules from IshaLife. After completing the daily Shivanga Sadhana, mix peppercorn with lemon juice and honey and consume. Consume the soaked grounduts also.
- During the period of the vrata, smoking, consuming alcohol and eating non-vegetarian food are not allowed.
- Only 2 meals can be had during the day. The first meal should be after 12 noon.
- Whites or light color clothing can be worn during the Sadhana period.
- Shivanga Sadhana is different from Bhairavi Sadhana. Shivanga Sadhana is only for Gents. Both Sadhanas can be practiced simultaneously. On overlapping days, you can pick sprouts or groundnuts.
- Participants registered for "Grace of yoga with Sadhguru" during Mahashivratri can also register for Shivanga Sadhana if interested.
- Travel to Dhyanalinga, India and the pilgrimage for culmination is not mandatory this year due to the pandemic.
- If you are allergic to groundnuts/peanuts, you can avoid it.
- No conditioning is needed for the Shivanga mala.
- Daily practices and guidelines should be observed during travel as well.
Have you participated in Shivanga Sadhana before?
If you have participated in Shivanga Sadhana before: do you still have your Shivanga Rudraksha mala?
Yes, I have the mala
No, I don't have the mala
Invoice number# of the Shivanga kit purchase (US & CA only)
Country of current residence
Are you planning to visit IYC, India for culmination? It is optional this year due to COVID restrictions.
If you have any serious medical condition, please specify
Requirements for Shivanga in America (I understand that the requirements for Sadhana participation in Americas are not the same as India and may be instructed differently per the need. I agree to adhere to the appropriate instructions for US/Canada regions and will do my best to follow them.)
Yes, I agree
How did you find out about this Sadhana?
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Isha.