u03a10 Unit 3 Review
Your LAST Name:
Select the best answer or answers from the choices given.
1. A cell's plasma membrane would not contain:
2. Which of the following would you expect to find in or on cells whose main function is absorption?
3. Which cytoskeletal element interacts with myosin to produce contractile force in muscle cells?
4. If a 10% sucrose solution within a semipermeable sac causes the fluid volume in the sac to increase a given amount when the sac is immersed in water, what would be the effect of replacing the sac solution with a 20% sucrose solution?
The sac would gain the same amount of fluid.
The sac would gain more fluid.
There would be no effect.
The sac would lose fluid.
5. Which of the following are possible functions of the glycocalyx?
Aiding the binding of sperm to egg (receptor)
Binding sites for toxins (receptor)
All of the above
Determination of blood groups
6. A cell stimulated to increase steroid production will have:
abundant secretory vesicles
a smooth ER
a rough ER
a Golgi apparatus
7. A cell's ability to replenish its ATP stores has been diminished by a metabolic poison. What organelle is most likely to be affected?
8. The fundamental structure of the plasma membrane is determined almost exclusively by:
Consider the following information for Questions 9-11: A DNA segment has this nucleotide sequence: AAGCTCTTACGAATATTC
9. Which mRNA is complementary?
10. How many amino acids are coded in this segment?
11. What is the tRNA anticodon sequence for the fourth codon from the left?
12. The organelle that consists of a stack of 3-10 membranous discs associated with packaging and shipping proteins is:
13. An epithelium "built" to stretch is:
14. Which of the following fibrous elements give a connective tissue high tensile strength
15. Viewed through the microscope, most cells in this type of tissue have only a rim of cytoplasm because of the large fatty vacuole in the center of the cell
16. Which type of cartilage is most abundant throughout life?
17. Which of the following terms describe skeletal muscle?
18. The site where ribosomes assemble prior to their migration into the cytoplasm is the:
19. Intercellular connections that lock cells together and are very strong are called
none of these answers
20. Which type of tissue is irritable and conducts electrochemical impulses:
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service