1) Pre-registration for the Utopian Listening conference is now closed. Anyone may still attend the concerts in Distler Performance Hall on Friday, March 25 at 9pm, Saturday, March 26 at 10am, and Saturday, March 26 at 8pm. There will also be a rush ticket line for the concerts in Fisher Performance Hall on Friday, March 25 at 8pm and Saturday, March 26 at 9pm. (See below for more information on rush tickets.)
2) All conference events will take place in the Granoff Music Center at Tufts University. The Granoff Music Center is located at 20 Talbot Avenue, Medford, MA 02155 on Tufts' Medford/Somerville campus. For directions, parking information, and a campus map, visit: http://as.tufts.edu/music/musiccenter/visit/index.htm
3) There will be a Registration Desk in the lobby of the Granoff Music Center when you arrive on Wednesday, March 23 through Saturday, March 26. There you can pick up a packet with the conference program, a guide to local restaurants, and other info.
4) Anyone who has pre-registered for any of the working dinners throughout the conference will have their names on a list at the door of each dinner, and need only show an ID to the person handling check-in. Only those registered for dinners will be checked-in. Unfortunately, we will not be able to accommodate any walk-ups. If you registered and received a separate e-mail from Jeff Rawitsch, Granoff Music Center Manager, indicating that you still needed to pay for your meal on site, you may do so at the door with cash (US dollars) only.
5) Anyone who has pre-registered for any of the concerts in the Fisher Performance Room will either receive their tickets with their registration packet or can pick them up at the door of each concert. Anyone who has a ticket MUST arrive by the posted concert start time or they will risk losing their seat to someone in the rush ticket line. Please see the next item for rush ticket information. (Concerts in the Distler Performance Hall are free and open to the public, and no tickets are required.)
6) Due to space limitations in the Fisher Performance Room, only ticketed attendees will be able to attend those concerts. However, a rush ticket line will form at the door for anyone without a ticket who would like to gain entrance to those concerts, with the knowledge that they might not be able to gain entry in the end. Rush tickets will be distributed beginning five minutes after the posted concert start time or (if later) after the concert has started.
7) As you are headed to the workshops and concerts in Fisher Performance Hall, be sure to visit the exhibition on Luigi Nono at the Ruth Lilly Music Library on the lower level of the Granoff Music Center.
If you have any further questions, please call the Main Office at the Granoff Music Center (617.627.3564) or visit us at the Registration Desk in person.
We look forward to welcoming you to the festival.
Sincerely,The Utopian Listening Planning Committee