Bursary Application Form - CCGH and GHSYPs
To encourage attendance by its Students & Young Professionals Network (SYPN) at the GHSYPs Summit and the CCGH, the CCGHR is pleased to offer financial support to eligible SYP members. We will award 4 bursaries to SYPs that meet the eligibility criteria (described below). We will ensure regional representation of Western and Eastern provinces alike, and are also encouraging applications from members in Québec and Ontario (outside GTA).
Bursaries will cover the student registration fee for the CCGH and GHSYPs Summit (totalling $350 CAD) as well as round-trip transportation to Ottawa, and any local travel during the conference. Bursaries will NOT cover the cost of accommodation or food expenses.
Bursary eligibility criteria:
Applicants must be CCGHR student/young professional members at the time of application. To become a member or to renew, please visit the following link:
Preference will be given to SYPs who:
1) Have had their CCGH or GHSYPs conference abstract accepted
2) Are available for the full duration of the conferences (Oct 17-20 inclusive)
3) Have NOT had the opportunity to attend the CCGH or GHSYPs Summit previously
4) Do not have access to alternate funding mechanisms (e.g financial support from their school or work)
Applicants must agree to either individually, or in collaboration with peers, produce a deliverable (either a blog, multimedia piece, etc) that summarizes their reflections on and learnings from the conference.
-Bursaries will NOT cover accommodation for the conferene. The CCGHR can help successful applicants find suitable accommodation for the conference, but financial support for accommodation will not be provided.
-Meals will NOT be covered in the bursary funds. A light breakfast and lunch will be provided at CCGH and GHSYPs, but successful applicants will have to cover their own dinners during their time in Ottawa.
-Incomplete applications will not be considered.
-Recipients of travel bursaries will be reimbursed by December 1, 2019, or maximum 30 days after submission of receipts.
September 20, 2019 at 11:59 pm EST. To allow sufficient time to make travel arrangements, the review team will provide successful applicants with a decision on their application by September 27 at 5:00pm EST. If you have further questions, please e-mail:
1. Name of applicant
First and last name
2. Email address
3. Phone number
4. Are you currently a CCGHR SYP member?
5. Please indicate your current status
6. Please provide the name of your program and educational institution / position title and place of employment (or volunteer work)
7. Please select the statements that apply to you
I have had an abstract accepted to the Canadian Conference on Global Health (eg. poster, workshop)
This will be my first time attending the Canadian Conference on Global Health
I will be available from Oct 17 to Oct 20 to attend both events
8. If you did not tick all boxes in question 7 above (i.e. you're not presenting; you've attended before; or you're only available for part of the event), please provide a brief explanation as to why you would like to attend the conference (max 1000 characters):
9. Please explain why you are interested in attending the CCGH and what you hope to gain from the experience. In other words, how will it help you in your current studies or work and in pursuing career objectives (max 1000 characters):
10. Please provide an estimated budget that includes CCGH and GHSYPs registration and your transportation costs (eco-friendly modes of transportation will be considered favourably). TO NOTE: please do NOT include your expected costs for accommodation and food in your budget. The bursary program will not cover these costs. See below for a sample budget:
11. Please indicate any other confirmed bursaries or financial assistance you will receive to participate in the 2019 CCGH or GHSYPs Summit (including support from your workplace or university)
12. Should I be a recipient of this travel bursary, I understand that I will be responsible for submitting key findings and lessons learned from the CCGH in the form of a blog, multimedia piece, or otherwise, by November 15, 2019. Note: Alternative ideas for sharing CCGH reflections are welcomed!
I understand and commit to such an output
13. I confirm that the information provided above is true. I agree to respect the conditions and rules of the CCGHR bursary program and the decision of the selection committee. I understand that bursaries will be paid to successful applicants within 30 days of the conference end date, upon submission of receipts. Please note: If applicant is unable to attend the conference, the Coalition will not reimburse travel costs.
I confirm that the above information is true and agree to the conditions and rules for the bursary
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service