The academic journal, published by the B-Pro team at The Bartlett School of Architecture, is calling for papers for its third issue.
Prospectives Journal is an open access journal published by B–Pro at The Bartlett School of Architecture. Launched in November 2020, the team are now compiling a ground-breaking third issue, Climate F(r)ictions, curated by Déborah López and Hadin Charbel.
This third issue will explore the implications of technologies on humans and ecologies in the era of climate catastrophes and increasing instability. It will ask and explore: Can technologies be designed and utilized without falling into territorializing tropes? Can AI be used to challenge current production-based economies? What are ways of subverting existing power structures? What decisions would nature make if it could govern itself? What kinds of technologies, protocols and policies can afford such autonomy? How would this affect architectural production, design and habitation at individual, urban and larger ecological scales?
The editorial team is inviting submissions from all designers, researchers, and thinkers. Submissions can focus on either a short positional (1500-2000 words) or research papers (3000-5000 words). Submissions will be peer reviewed by Prospectives Journal’s Advisory Board.
The deadline for papers is 01 June 2022, and the new issue of Prospectives will be published on 29 July.
1. make sure your document is in Words format with Numeric system Citations in Vancouver Style https://library-guides.ucl.ac.uk/referencing-plagiarism/referencing-styles
2. please fill in the online application form https://forms.gle/MqhS2VhLDBzhr6FK9
3. email your files to email@example.com
4. with the subject line: “Open Call Submission Prospectives issue 3_SURNAME_paper title”
5. kindly name your files in the same manner
Provides Ng, Managing Editor (MATL cover)firstname.lastname@example.org://journal.b-pro.org/