Reading Review Level C
Read and Answer Each Question
Click Submit After Question 37
Then Click - View Your Score
1. When is Ari's appointment?
2. What does the sign mean?
The copier is busy
The copier is working
The copier needs repair
Go to another machine
3. What is the main problem in this memo?
The teacher likes a warm room
The air conditioning is not on for the night class
Maintenance is busy
The students will leave class
4. What does the word functioning in the memo mean?
5. When do you need an appointment?
9am til 8:30pm
6. What should a worker do after he raises the alarm?
Leave the area
Isolate the hazard
St. Joe Hospital Directory
7. What department would you call if you had questions about a hospital bill you received?
8. A man had surgery on his knee and he needs to start outpatient therapy. What number should he call?
Direct Pathways - New Company Employees
9. Who do employees need to see to discuss the company travel policy?
Their team leader
10. What is the purpose of the quick training session?
To sign the direct deposit form
To see talk to their team leader
To read the company travel policy
To learn about expense accounts
New Lines Trading Company - Safe Environment
11. How is the company trying to create a safe environment?
By limiting smoking only in bathrooms
By prohibiting smoking, drugs and alcohol everywhere
By allowing drugs and alcohol only when needed
By prohibiting only certain employees
12. What happens to an employee who drinks alcohol at work?
The employee will be sent home
The employee will pay a fine
The employee will be fired
The employee needs to apologize
Circle One Programming
13. How is Circle One trying to increase business?
By increasing prices
By paying less for programming
By removing the old programming packages
By offering new programming packages
14. What are the employees suppose to do with the chart?
Indicate which day they want to attend
Write the time they want to attend
Sign their name to show they read the message
Go to both meetings
Taking a Message
15. Who wrote this message?
Chris and Nancy adopted a dog last week. They named her Princess. This Saturday they decided to take Princess to the beach. When they got to the beach they saw this sign.
16. After reading this sign, Chris and Nancy...
Found out that dogs are not allowed on the beach
Walked their dog on the beach
Found out that they could walk their dog after 5:00 pm
Argued about the City Ordinance
First Aid Chart
17. A worker comes down with heat cramps and muscle spasms. Which First Aid should be applied?
Fan air on the worker
Have worker sit in shady area
Keep the affected area dry
18. If a worker has a heat stroke, what step should be done first?
Wait for help
Place worker in shady area
Stay with worker
19. Who qualifies for free legal aid?
People who ask for it
People with very low incomes
People who need it
People who know legal aid lawyers
20. When you talk to a lawyer...
Everything you say is reported
Everything you say is confidential and can be shared outside the lawyer’s office
Everything you say is confidential and can only be shared within the lawyer’s office
Everything you say will be sent to other legal aid offices
21. What does this automobile schedule show?
How to repair a car
Where to bring a car
What was inspected and repaired
What parts were ordered
22. The hoses box was checked. What does that check mark mean?
This car had cracked hoses
The hoses will be repaired soon
The hoses were in good condition
This car needs extra hoses
23. In making this burger, when do you add the beef and breadcrumbs?
After you mix the egg, salt and pepper
When you heat the grill
Before you add the egg, salt and pepper
After you oil the grate
A parent called and got the school operator at the main number. She told the operator that her daughter left her glasses in the media center.
24. To what person should the operator transfer the call?
Reading a Bus Map
25. A bus needs to travel to the Main Office . It is now at the Bus Stop. The bus should travel...
West on 1st St.
East on 1st St. then turn south on Washington St.
East on 1st St. then turn north on Washington St.
East on 1st St. then turn north on Hudson St.
Employment - Reference Letter
26. What is Jeff’s opinion of Ed?
He is an excellent employee
He knows him for 5 years
He needs more experience
He has seen Ed’s attitude
27. What is an example of Ed’s work?
Jeff worked with Ed
Ed has superior organizational skills
Jeff has observed Ed
Ed will be missed
28. The students will get on-the-job experience...
In the next course
For 2 months
After they graduate
For 1 month
29. Why should students enroll as soon as possible?
There is plenty of space
Space is limited
The class meets Mondays and Wednesdays
Because it meets in the Fall, Spring and Summer
30. According to this summons, which statement is true?
The court believes Solomon Stores
Tina Gooden believes that Solomon Stores owes her $250
Solomon Stores believes that Tina Gooden owes them $250
The Court believes that Tina Gooden owes Solomon Stores $250
Installing a Door - Directions
31. When ordering a door, you will have a choice of...
Trimming excess drywall
A right or left hand door
Leveling the door
Hanging the door
32. Shims and levels are used to
Install the door
Trim the drywall
Hold the door
Decorate the door
Study on Stress
33. This study found that...
Boys and girls react differently to stress
Boys and girls react the same to stress
The insulas were different in boys and girls
PTSD is a mental disorder
34. If boys and girls react differently to stress then...
Boys and girls have the different size insulas
Boys and girls need to be treated differently
It doesn’t matter as long as they get help
Then their trauma is different
35. Betty loves going to her favorite Thai restaurant. She tries to go there at least twice a week. She loves it so much, she recommends it to her friends.On Saturday Betty decided to take her friend Kim there for lunch at 1 PM. When Kim and Betty arrived at the restaurant they found...
A table near the window
The restaurant was open Tues – Sat 11:30 – 2:30 PM
The restaurant was closed
They could have phoned their orders
36. The main idea of this story is that...
Teachers are needed
There is a teacher shortage around the world
Countries have rising populations
Urgent and sustained action is needed
37. UNESCO is worried about the quality of teachers because
They have not been trained
There aren’t enough teachers
They teach in big classes
They want children to receive an education
This form was created inside of School District of Palm Beach County.
Terms of Service