Registration for the Wakelon Summer Reading Program
The Wakelon Summer Reading Program will begin Monday, June 15, 2020 through Friday, August 14, 2020. The Program is for current Wakelon Elementary School Pre-K through Fourth Grade Students. Fifth Graders will not participate because they are going to middle school.
The premise of the Summer Reading Program is to deter summer learning loss, known as the, "Summer Slide". Reference the Infographic, "5 Ways to Head off the Summer Slide", for tips at:
Summer Reading Program Guidelines:
1. Please complete and submit a different Registration Form for each child that attended Wakelon ES during the 2019-2020 school year and currently in Pre-K through Fourth Grade.
2. Submit the completed Form(s) by Friday, June 5, 2020 at 4:00 p.m.
3. Students will receive a link to their online Reading Log through Google Forms by Sunday, June 14, 2020. Students should complete an online reading log each time they read or listen to a read aloud during the summer.
4. Students should read at least 20 books during the summer, no exceptions.
5. Students that meet the goal of reading at least 20 books, will be invited to attend the Summer Reading Program Celebration during the 2020-2021 school year.
Parent's/Guardian's First and Last Name
Child's First Name
Child's Last Name
Select your child's 2019-2020 grade and teacher's name.
Pre-K: Ms. Lanier
Pre-K: Mrs. Farriss
ID-MOD Kindergarten: Mrs. Quadri
ID-MOD First Grade: Mrs. Quadri
ID-MOD Second Grade: Mrs. Quadri
ID MOD Third Grade: Mrs. Lindsey Bowlin Wyatt
ID MOD Fourth Grade: Mrs. Lindsey Bowlin Wyatt
Kindergarten-Ms. Shannon Cooper
First Grade-Mrs. K. Joyner
First Grade-Ms. Kohler
First Grade-Mrs. Peterson
First Grade-Mrs. Stryker
Second Grade-Mrs. M. Bahm
Second Grade-Mrs. Baker
Second Grade-Mr. Barna
Second Grade-Mrs. Coppola
Second Grade-Ms. Henry
Third Grade-Mrs. Clarke-Wright
Third Grade-Ms. McMullen
Third Grade-Mrs. Vick
Third Grade-Ms. Williams
Third Grade-Ms. Zinn
Fourth Grade-Ms. Detty
Fourth Grade-Ms. Shepard
Fourth Grade-Ms. Sherman
Fourth Grade-Ms. Small
I give consent for my child to participate in the Summer Reading Program. I understand that the Summer Reading Goal is for my child to read at least 20 books beginning Monday, June 15, 2020 through Friday, August 14, 2020. My child will be invited to attend the Summer Reading Program Celebration if they meet their reading goal of at least 20 books by Friday, August 14, 2020. A Reading Log, through Google Form, will be shared with me for my child to submit their reading titles throughout the summer.
A copy of your responses will be emailed to the address you provided.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Wake County Public School System.